“Delicious food, but uncomfortable restaurant”
Review of Oceano Kitchen

Oceano Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 66 Restaurants in Lantana
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Oceano Kitchen is a small farm to table New American restaurant located on Ocean Ave in Lantana. The menu revolves around locally sourced meats, fish, vegetables and fruits where a majority of our cooking is done in a wood fired oven or in our outdoor wood fired smoker. We offer a small menu that changes each day with the availability of product. We also feature two to three pizzas from our wood fired oven nightly.
Reviewed March 2, 2018

The restaurant is outside on a busy street, so car fumes and noise interfere. In addition, the sun shines on most tables, if you go for dinner at 6. They do not take reservations.

The food is delicious, but the wooden bench-like seats are so uncomfortable that my husband is no longer willing to go there. I hope they can address these problems...plants, attractive screens, comfortable chairs. We like the good and expensive food!

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

We have discussed going to Oceano Kitchen numerous times,
But the first come first serve policy was a bit of a turn off especially during season. Tonight we de ended to give it a try.
We were surprised and delighted. We skipped lunch and arrived at 5pm. It was a beautiful evening and enjoyed the outdoor atmosphere. We shared the tomato salad, cerviche, and a pizza. The tomato salad and cerviche were fresh and flavorful,
Thou the cerviche could have been spicier and the pizza was right up there with the best I’ve had.
This is definitely a must try.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

We met our skeptical cousins there and there were 6 of us. I called for a reservation and was told there were none and no credit cards and the menu changes every day .Ok , now I had the facts and onto the food, it was overly fantastic ! Very innovative and like small plates . We ordered one of everything and one dish was more spectacular than the rest. There was gespacho, small pizza, a beef dish , and way more . Yay it and yes only outdoor tables except for the one in front of the cook.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

My husband and I recently went to dinner here with two other couples. None of us could believe the disorganized, arrogant waiter and the poor quality of the food. There is no "order" or timing to when your food arrives either. An appetizer can be served with someone else's entree. I waited for over 20 minutes for my pizza; being the last to be served some were basically finished eating. To make it worse, the pizza was awful! I ate one slice and left all the rest. In most restaurants the waiter would take note and ask if everything was ok; not here. I mentioned how I felt about the pizza expecting for him to offer me something else or take it off the check; he did neither.
You can't even say it is a comfortable/pleasant restaurant; it's not. You sit outside without A/C and and since it's on a busy corner headlights from the passing cars shine in your eyes. None of us will ever go back; you should consider not going at all.

4  Thank Diane716
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Small but powerful. Fresh excellent menu with delicious fresh food. Great pizza to start, followed by swordfish tacos, perfectly prepared and excellent, then homemade pasta with truffle.
Coconut chocolate dessert fresh and perfect ending. Menu changes daily, a must to go here.
Nice wine & Beer list. I had cold Root Beer.
Go early or you will wait. But definitely go.

Been to Oceano Kitchen? Share your experiences!