“What a delight !!”
Review of Oceano Kitchen

Oceano Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 66 Restaurants in Lantana
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Oceano Kitchen is a small farm to table New American restaurant located on Ocean Ave in Lantana. The menu revolves around locally sourced meats, fish, vegetables and fruits where a majority of our cooking is done in a wood fired oven or in our outdoor wood fired smoker. We offer a small menu that changes each day with the availability of product. We also feature two to three pizzas from our wood fired oven nightly.
Reviewed February 27, 2018

We met our skeptical cousins there and there were 6 of us. I called for a reservation and was told there were none and no credit cards and the menu changes every day .Ok , now I had the facts and onto the food, it was overly fantastic ! Very innovative and like small plates . We ordered one of everything and one dish was more spectacular than the rest. There was gespacho, small pizza, a beef dish , and way more . Yay it and yes only outdoor tables except for the one in front of the cook.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

My husband and I recently went to dinner here with two other couples. None of us could believe the disorganized, arrogant waiter and the poor quality of the food. There is no "order" or timing to when your food arrives either. An appetizer can be served with someone else's entree. I waited for over 20 minutes for my pizza; being the last to be served some were basically finished eating. To make it worse, the pizza was awful! I ate one slice and left all the rest. In most restaurants the waiter would take note and ask if everything was ok; not here. I mentioned how I felt about the pizza expecting for him to offer me something else or take it off the check; he did neither.
You can't even say it is a comfortable/pleasant restaurant; it's not. You sit outside without A/C and and since it's on a busy corner headlights from the passing cars shine in your eyes. None of us will ever go back; you should consider not going at all.

4  Thank Diane716
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Small but powerful. Fresh excellent menu with delicious fresh food. Great pizza to start, followed by swordfish tacos, perfectly prepared and excellent, then homemade pasta with truffle.
Coconut chocolate dessert fresh and perfect ending. Menu changes daily, a must to go here.
Nice wine & Beer list. I had cold Root Beer.
Go early or you will wait. But definitely go.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Very limited menu but we all tried a selection for dinner. We understand the menu is changed daily and posted at noon the day of, on their web site, for what’s on the menu for that evening. We had the cucumber & avocado salad. We shared salad for four adults, not hardly enough got four. Probably better to share for two. Salad was delicious but for its size and for $17.00 seemed a bit pricey for julienne cucumbers, very few avocado cubes, chives, crispy garlic & dressing. I ordered the funky fungi pizza got $23.00, only I also included the option of adding shaved black truffles on pizza do at new total cost of $49.00. Save your money and do not add the black truffles for an additional $26.00. The truffles were shaved and the baked or roasted and removed and flavor the truffles should have. It did notting for the taste of the pizza. The pizza was delicious without the truffles. I recommend the funky fungi pizza which has couple types of mushrooms and Parma. We also tried the Thai style swordfish curry, for $23.00. Delicious, highlight of the evenings. Dish is served in a bowl with fork and soup spoon. Use the spoon, the broth is amazing. Chef lost or forgot our friends order of the funky fungi pizza, which after enquiring the whereabouts of their pizza, which finally came out right away, only it was 60-90 minutes from sitting down. Our friends had the funky fungi pizza without the truffles, and they enjoyed it. They also had the pork belly Cubans; sandwich. They also enjoyed it, and left no leftovers or take home. For desert we got two of the Cindy’s cookies at $2.00 each. (Chocolate chip-cherry-toffee) very good, everyone enjoyed the cookies, we also ordered the chocolate passion fruit cake at $11.00. Not sure about calling this a cake. The two tiny pieces or taste testing samples we received was almost funny to look at and consider this a cake or sliver of one. Hardly a desert size portion, especially for $11.00. I just wished I’d taken a photo to post. Again, save your money buy fives cookies for desert. It’s worth checking this place out and making your own decision. Don’t forget to bring cash, it’s cash only!

2  Thank mitchbass
Reviewed February 12, 2018

On our second visit in a month, we requested a 'front-row-seat' at the tiny counter overlooking Chef Jeremy's artistic preparations, as he created impeccable dishes before our eyes. In such a limited space, he and Matt the pizza maker extraordinaire, worked with focus, but enjoyed conversing and answered questions. Cindy (chef's wife and pastry chef)) stood watch over the team, waiting to be called on to assemble beautiful desserts. Each item we ate was exquisitely delicious, fresh, and well-conceived. Slow food at its very best!

Been to Oceano Kitchen? Share your experiences!