“Great food, friendly service!”
Review of Kona Bay Cafe

Kona Bay Cafe
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Lantana
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great selection of food, all well prepared, and fast and friendly service. An excellent combination!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Waitress was too busy talking to "regular" customers. We waited 45 minutes for pancakes and french toast. Never was offered a coffee refill. We had to leave before our food came out so we wouldn't miss a boat we were scheduled to go on and the waitress demanded we pay her for food we never ate!
Not sure if I will ever take friends there again?

2  Thank live2fish2day
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been eating here for a few years now. I have brought many friends who have become loyal customers as well. The food and atmosphere are great. When the owners wait tables then the staff is great. The problem really is the weekends. The servers seem to be undertrained teenage girls. Its a free for all for tables that don't get bussed. Customers are left at both entrances ungreeted and not sure where to go. The food always comes out cold after an 45 minute wait. Come on weekday and everything is 100% amazing. One day I will learn my lesson and not come by on the weekends.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and went to Kona Bay Cafe. It looked charming with a great location. We ordered breakfast. I had an omelet with hash browns. The hash browns were the frozen square ones you would get a a fast food place. They were chopped up and greasy we could not eat them. The omelet wasn't much better. The service was good and the staff polite. They did not ask the usual "how is everything?" I guess they knew the answer already. I will never eat there again.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Small place with alot of charm. Friendly staff, hardly ever any turnover. Treats their staff & customers right. Nice location on water across from gerald ford park in Lantana. Area draws alot of fisherman. Nice place to hangout , meet the fisherman while dining or around in back of restaurant you can sign up daily on one of fishing charter boats for $35 for 4 hour ride. They clean your fish afterwards. Cool to watch them filet the fish. All sizes .. All kinds of fish snook, sway, cobi