“Super nice, clean and comfy hotel”

Barefoot Mailman Motel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lantana
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I recently traveled to Lantana, FL to visit friends and relatives and was fortunate to stay at this really great hotel. So if you are looking for an really nice affordable hotel that will give you that "home away from home" feeling, this is the place. The room I stayed in was decorated nicely, very clean and had a comfortable bed. The hotel is beautifully landscaped and includes two patio areas where you can sit and relax or enjoy a cup of the coffee that is provided in the morning. The staff are extremely attentive to their guests. It's obvious that they take pride in the hotel and go out of their way to ensure guests have everything they need. I enjoyed walking around the hotels gardens while enjoying the tranqulity the hotel offers. The hotel is convenient to shopping and the beach and bikes are available for exploring the area. When I return to Lantana I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank waldenwmn

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Loved the clean, cozy, inexpensive room and convenience to all necessities. Walked to everything; not needing to rent a car and fight the unfamiliar traffic.

The hospitality of the owner and staff was unbelievable. Paul went out of his way to make our stay as pleasurable as possible.

We would come back again!

PS Just have to get used to the trains.

Room Tip: We stayed in the double queen room. Very large with nice kitchen.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank BarbiK48653
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I am coming to the area every year from NYC and stayed in all kinds of "better" and far more expensive hotels over the years, some of them I found mildly depressing. I wanted to change it up a bit this year. The clean, simple experience here gave me a fresh look at the area which I could appreciate a lot more this time. The manager even helped me set up the patio BBQ for my steaks. big plus: bicycles are available for rent, also free & fast WiFi.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank stefanowitsch212
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I really loved staying at this motel, and I really wish there were more motels like it in the States. It offers a clean, safe place to sleep for a good price, which is all I'm looking for in a hotel. What really pleased me was how clean everything was and that the owner obviously put their attention in the details of the place.

The room was definitely the smallest I've ever stayed in (the photos show every part of the room), but I think it would be fine for one or two travelers for a couple of days. The bed was comfortable and the linens were clean. The room smelled (pleasantly) of cleaning fluid. The bathroom was recently remodeled and everything was modern and worked well. Also, there was a full-size fridge in the room. I didn't need all of the room, but I was able to re-freeze my ice packs because the freezer was separate (unlike a mini-fridge). There was also a large microwave and a good-sized tv in the room.

The grounds were well-manicured and again, there were thoughful details, like a white picket fence separating the parking lot from the area in front of the room doors, which creates a nice visual break.

The only recommendation I would make is to bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper because the motel is separated from the adjacent train tracks by a road, so you'll hear the trains comign and going.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Anne S
Management138, Manager at Barefoot Mailman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you for your review. We try our best to make each and every stay a pleasant and economically favorable experience. I just wanted to remind people that the room where you stayed is our Single Traveler Room that was designed for the budget-minded visitor renting for just $45 US per night (Full Price) and they are even less expensive per night for longer stays. They are very popular with our European visitors who are often looking for the "youth hostel" type of accomodations with the maximum level of comfort and amenities when they travel. We do have more spacious accomodations available for just a little more per night.

We thank you for taking the time to tell of your experience.

Management

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed there for a week just to get away. Met some awesome people everywhere I went . I got to know the whole staff. Had a small room with a/c fridge, and microwave. Great deli and other cuban Jamaican and party bars nearby. I rented a Huffy bike from them and it was great. I traveled all over the area, and had a ball. I still keep in touch with Bill Evans, and he's a great guy, and very smart. It was fun to have strangers you just didn't have to make small talk with. GO. Stay. ENJOY!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank muskie999
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I needed a place to stay for one night and found this cute little motel just around the corner for Ocean Blvd, the heart of Lantana, FL. As a single female traveler I felt safe, the room was super clean and there was even coffee brewed in the outside sitting area that also had a microwave, ice and filtered water. The grounds were carefully manicured with an almost zen-like feel about it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank J_and_A_Charters
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I was staying in Lantana for a few nights and wanted something very affordable (as I would basically just be sleeping there - and paying a lot for that made no sense). I searched and searched and then finally came on Trip Advisor and found out about the Barefoot Mailman Motel.

Not only is it VERY affordable (around $50 a night for something other hotels would charge $80+ for in the area), but the staff were very courteous and kind. They didn't just feel like "employees" working at a job - but rather people who truly care about the property and guests.

They had beautiful outdoor patios to sit in with lovely garden decor - filled with tourist information (bus/train schedules/local dining establishments) and utilities for guests (microwave/fridge/washing machines/etc).

The rooms were very spacious indeed - and although they might not be the most modern you will find, they were very well cleaned and maintained.

Lastly, the location is SUPERB. It's right by the inter coastal and just a few minutes walk from the beach and ocean.

If you are looking for a very affordable night in a great location in Lantana, you HAVE to stop here!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dianeables
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lantana
Comfort Inn & Suites Lantana - West Palm Beach South
WoodSpring Suites Lake Worth
WoodSpring Suites Lake Worth
#4 of 11 in Lake Worth
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Barefoot Mailman Motel? Share your experiences!