We have gone to Caliente for the past 6 years. It’s is definitely getting worse by the year. Ths used to be a well -run well kept clothing optional resort. Those who havn't been there in past years wont appreciate the point that it is starting to get ragged there. Plus a $100 a day for a couple . not worth it.. We are told the owners have the mortgage paid off on thsi place. I thinbk they are just hungry for profits and are investing as little as possible to keep the place up. Some basic examples. Outside the club house patio,. Ceilings are loaded with spider webs and bugs that are attracted to the building from the surrpounding wet lands. Go to any nice resort in Florida. These ceilings are kept sparkling clean. Not at Caliente. The outside of the club house needs to be repainted. They painted a couple of outside walls of the building that face the pool. The paint does not even match well. And there is over spray all over the stairs. The did nt even mask the area. Looks like a redneck paint job. At the front desk, the girls seem more interested in gabbing with themselves instead of providing customer service. They seem to feel you are disturbing them when you approach the desk. Like you are bothering them. A lot of the landscape lighting does not work. We counted over 20 lights that need a light bulb. Again, just general maintenance that they are not will to expend. This still could be a first rate operation and place to go. But they need an attitude change and need to be willing to spend some money to get the place back in first class shape. And the $100- per couple charge. Thats got to go. We used to get in the for $20/ person and the place used to be packed. Now, unless there is a special event, not many willing to pay that kind of money just to walk in the door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caliente Tampa is a captivating blend of clothing-optional solitude, exhilaration and sizzle that is ideal for the seasoned clothing-optional traveler and first-timer alike. Inside Caliente Tampa, you will be pampered, wined, dined, and treated with world-class sensitivity you so richly deserve.Beautifully appointed Villas, Condominiums, vacation Casitas and Hotel Suites will become your secluded home away from home for a stay that might last but a week or two, yet the memories will last a lifetime.Just outside your door, turquoise lagoons, a sapphire lake, sports and fitness facilities, tiki bars, decadent cuisine, and sumptuous Spa Sereno are just a few of the many opportunities that beckon. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Caliente Resort All Inclusive
- Caliente Hotel Land o Lakes
- Caliente Club & Resorts Florida/Land O Lakes