We love Trip Advisor and after reeading some of the reviews on here we were excited about our Trip but not exactly sure what to expect. Well needless to say this place exceeded our exceptations. We arrived on a Thursday and left on a Monday. Check in was quick and effecient. We recieved a discounted grounds fee each day due to our allifiation with a lifestyle group and the party that was occuring that Saturday. We stayed in the hotel knowing that we probably wouldn't spend that much time in there anyway.The room was clean and comfortable now its not the Ritz or JW Marriot but then you are not paying those prices either. We had read of the food and drink prices were high as well compared to eating at home they are but to comparable resorts they are very reasonable. The grouds are beautiful and when you sit back you think you are on a island some where in the Carribean. Thursday was cool so we didn't get to enjoy the pool. The club has ladies night on Thursday with free well drinks (well liquor, house wine or draft beer)for the ladies from 8-10. We had a great time danced and the dj really mixed up the music. We then went to the hot tub this is about the only place late at night that you will see and overt sexual acts which were fun to watch and participate in. Friday we had a couples massage and it was incredible followed by champange and fruit. It was still cool so we sent the rest of the day in Tampa. Friday night was quite at the night club we had planned no going to another Lifestyle club in Tampa but just decided on a low key night. Saturday was the big party day not sure how many people were at the pool but it was hundreds. Some had complained that the main pool was cold in prior posts (they actually heated it for Saturday and Sunday) it was refreshing still while the other pools which are all heated were very warm. Terry was our waitress at the pool Saturday Sunday and Monday and did an amazing job! She never let our drinks get empty. Watch out for the large drinks they are incredibly good but pack a huge punch! Sunday was just as busy at the pool if not more so and the band playing pool side was awesome. Monday was much slower and they had turned the heater off to the main pool while it was much cooler it was nice since it was 85 that day. We ate most of our meals here execpt for 2 dinners off site. The variety and quailty of the food was actually suprising and better and a lot of national chains. The blackend taplia sandwhich was cooked perfect and had an entree sized piece of fish on it. The fried ravioli was delicous so were the shrimp bites. The staff is what really makes this place stand out it was a very busy weekend but they were all so friendly I can't remeber everyone's names but Terry at the pool Shawn, Chris and Cali at the bar were great! As a lifestyle resort this is probably not my top choice (Hedo or Desire are better) but for a long weekend get away that you can get to in a matter of hours you can't beat the experince. We will be returning soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caliente Tampa is a captivating blend of solitude, exhilaration and sizzle that is ideal for the seasoned naturist and first-time nudist alike. Inside Caliente Tampa, you will be pampered, wined, dined, and treated with world-class sensitivity you so richly deserve.Beautifully appointed Villas, Condominiums, vacation Casitas and Hotel Suites will become your secluded home away from home for a stay that might last but a week or two, yet the memories will last a lifetime.Just outside your door, turquoise lagoons, a sapphire lake, sports and fitness facilities, tiki bars, decadent cuisine, and sumptuous Spa Sereno are just a few of the many opportunities that beckon. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Caliente Resort All Inclusive
- Caliente Hotel Land o Lakes
- Caliente Resort And Spa Florida/Land O Lakes