This was the first time my wife and I have been to a clothing optional resort. And we were pleasantly surprised and had a great time. My wife was a little hesitant before going about taking it all off. But once we were there she could not get them off fast enough. We only stayed for one night on a Saturday and done a 5pm check time. Next time will diffently be longer. We booked a Hotel room and found it clean, roomy and with great balconey veiw. We found it more than adequate, after all isn't the idea to get out of the room to enjoy the sun and the resort. The people staying there were fantastic, you never meet a stranger. The food was great, although the lunch prices were a little high. But what the heck, they bring it right to you pool side. The evening meal was out of this world. We spent most of our time on the upper deck where it was a little less crowed. Yes there was some sexual activity late at night around the hot tub. But the few couples that were envolved were very discrete and did not see any one being offended.
Now for the constructive criticism. Since it was our first time there we were a little lost after check in about the location of everything and what the resort had to offer. A tour for newbies would have been nice. It also would have been helpful if the staff all the wore same uniform shirt. They tend to blend in with everyone else and hard to find because of it. We did find the staff friendly and helpful. Another enterance to the pool area from the Hotel area would be really nice. Only entrance is through the lobby, which I can understand why. But it makes for a lot of walking.
Overall this is a wonderful resort and resonably priced. We highly recommend it for anyone that this thinking about a clothing optional resort. We can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caliente Tampa is a captivating blend of clothing-optional solitude, exhilaration and sizzle that is ideal for the seasoned clothing-optional traveler and first-timer alike. Inside Caliente Tampa, you will be pampered, wined, dined, and treated with world-class sensitivity you so richly deserve.Beautifully appointed Villas, Condominiums, vacation Casitas and Hotel Suites will become your secluded home away from home for a stay that might last but a week or two, yet the memories will last a lifetime.Just outside your door, turquoise lagoons, a sapphire lake, sports and fitness facilities, tiki bars, decadent cuisine, and sumptuous Spa Sereno are just a few of the many opportunities that beckon. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Caliente Resort All Inclusive
- Caliente Hotel Land o Lakes
- Caliente Club & Resorts Florida/Land O Lakes