“A local favorite”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have visited Capital Taco several times and have never been disappointed. The service is prompt and friendly and the food is excellent. Although Land O' Lakes is not exactly a culinary mecca, Capital Tacos can hold its own against any "big city" establishment I travel frequently).

If you are expecting that big city atmosphere you will be greatly disappointed, it is a small but comfortable restaurant that, based on its constant stream of customers, has become a local favorite.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I moved to Land o' Lakes from Austin, Texas about a year ago. Capital Tacos is a wonderful slice of home for us. This place is every bit as good as Torchy's in Austin, maybe even better.

When we first moved here, we found food on the whole to be bland in the state of Florida. Thank you Capital Tacos for bucking this trend!!!

Do's / Don'ts when visiting Capital Tacos:

DO: Try something different every time. We've tried everything on the menu and have never been disappointed.

DON'T: Confuse this for Mexican food... This is Tex-Mex, it's not the same thing. BE PREPARED my Floridian friends, Texans enjoy spicier foods than most of you and Capital Tacos delivers the punch that my family craves.

DO: Try the menu in configurations other than tacos. The Augari is awesome as a nacho dish, and the Austinite is a killer burrito.

and finally,

DON'T: Forget to tell your friends about this awesome place. I will cry if it ever closes.

1  Thank Max R
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Had heard about this place but a little further than I normally want to drive for lunch....but I will be back. Outstanding flavors. May be the best Mexican ever.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Been meaning to get this review out. My first visit was in January but I've been back many times. Lots of great menu choices and the food always tastes fresh. It's a great addition to the area and a " go to " place for a great lunch OR dinner.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place is really small but delivers a huge surprise in quality, quantity, and originality! It's hard to pick from the menu since every option offers a different variety of flavors and ingredients. A really nice feature is that you can choose to have it put into a taco, burrito, salad or bowl. The flavors are amazing. Best tacos I've ever had.

Been to Capital Tacos? Share your experiences!