“Average food, excellent service and atmosphere”

Benedetto's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Land O Lakes
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Mahogony Walls, White linens, Piano Music, 85% of Menu 19.99 and less,Ranked Top 400 in State 10 Years Running, Chef Owned and one family operated Imgaine being back at your favorite Italian Restaurant or at Nanas' house in N.Y, Chicago, etc. Real Authentic Made to order Italian cuisine. Tired of Chain Food? We make it fresh! Also the freshest domestic and, New England Seafood prepared right in the tri-county area. Certifed Angus Steaks and wonderful pasta and pan sauces made to order. We dont have pre-made sauces sitting in warmer, we make it fresh!
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Friends took us to this restaurant as a thank you for something we did for them. It is an interesting place...very eclectic...with extensive memorabilia from the Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin era. A nice piano bar during dinner. Really, no complaints. It just wasn't the best meal ever. Our table had Veal Marsala, Grilled Haddock and Chicken Limon, along with a bottle of wine, appetizer and desserts. The Veal Marsala was just so so, according to those who ate it. Veal was chewy, sauce too sweet, and side dish of spaghetti with marinara sauce didn't go well with it. I had the Chicken Limon, and requested that it be served over spaghetti with extra Limon Sauce, rather than with the Marinara side dish. It was ok, but I couldn't taste anything even slightly citrusy. No complaints about the haddock. This was our first time there. It was interesting, but expensive, with very average food. I think they really cater to large parties.

LutzChe, Owner at Benedetto's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Sounds like we might have had an off-day in the kitchen, Diana, but I'm glad to hear it didn't take away from you and your friends enjoying your experience. Thank you for the four stars and for the honest feedback. We'll take your comments to heart! We hope you'll join us again sometime to give us another chance to wow you.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

If you want the best service, best quality food, and best romantic atmosphere, go here. You're not getting out without a pretty price tag, but it is totally worth every penny. It's an experience. I am a VIP member there so they are always sending me $10 off coupons. Sadly they're only valid for a SHORT window (we're talking 2-4 days) but when I can go I do. You will not be disappointed. I have yet to eat anything that wasn't perfect, and if for whatever reason it wasn't, they'll fix it. Their homemade bread and roasted garlic spread is enough to get you hooked and you'll never want to leave. If you want to go somewhere special and delicious, go here. I have no complaints.

LutzChe, Owner at Benedetto's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Thank you so much for your recommendation, Rachel! VIP members like you are so important us, and we're glad you know how much we appreciate you. Come and join us whenever you can--you're always welcome.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Absolutely Amazing!!

My wife and I vacation in Orlando every spring. While dining at the German Biergarten restaurant at Epcot, we were fortunate enough to meet Bennet Pumo (Executive Chef/Owner of Benedetto's). Ben told us about his restaurant, and invited us to come be his guest for our anniversary. The next day we went to Tampa for the afternoon, and then swung over to Benedetto's in Land O' Lakes for dinner. It was worth the short drive!

The restaurant was awesome! Between the piano player, and the New York decor, it had a cool ambiance. What a classy joint! We had drinks in the bar while waiting to be seated. Even with top shelf liquor, they were reasonably priced (and plenty stiff). The food was every bit as amazing as the atmosphere! We started with an appetizer (Ben Dip). It was great. We both went with fillet Mignon and lobster. The steaks were perfect (tender and juicy), and the lobster was unbelievable! We finished our meal with a very unique sounding desert, Kumquat Pie. We didn't know what to expect, but it was delicious.

Chef Ben was a wonderful host! He treated us like family, and made our special night one to remember! Everything about Benedetto's was amazing, and we will be making dinner at Ben's a part of our annual tradition!

Thanks for a great night Ben!
Kory and Jill

Kory, it was such a pleasure to meet you and your wife and welcome you for a wonderful meal here in Land O' Lakes. Thank you for taking me up on the offer and celebrating your anniversary with us! I'm so glad to hear it was a delicious and memorable experience for you both, and I hope you'll keep us in mind for your future FL visits.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Being from Chicago, land of fantastic Italian restaurants wherever you look, I wasn't expecting much when I happened upon that wonderful Italian aroma in the air near Lutz, FL., but I decided to try it anyway.

I entered Benedetto's to dine solo before 6pm on a Saturday. I love when the hostess doesn't get rattled when someone dines alone and sticks you back in a corner somewhere! She even gave me a great table, with view of the entertainment for the evening! WOW entertainment!
I LOVED the menu. Many appetizers, great wine & cheese pairings, scrumptious Italian fare, and an amazing fish selection, not to mention all the meat and poultry choices. I had a lovely salad with house dressing (yum), served with warm garlic rolls, and the best Grouper I have ever tasted. Fresh grilled vegetables in a quantity that did not leave room for dessert......and they each and every one looked wonderful!
Everything about this place was tops. Service, cleanliness, food...can't wait to go back to FL and dine there again. Just a little pricey but well worth it. If you like Italian food, treat yourself to this establishment!

LutzChe, Owner at Benedetto's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Sharon455, glad we could surprise you with a five star experience! Expect nothing less from on any occasion. Although you were only visiting from Illinois, we hope you'll keep us in mind for all your future trips to Tampa. You're welcome back to our table anytime.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Not pleased with the service, which made for a bad experience. Our server was overwhelmed and said he had another table needing his attention when we asked him to describe some of the extensive menu items.
Sent my dinner back for a reheat because it was barely warm at best, which returned to me in a hot dinner plate, but, food was still not hot. My husband had the veal chop which he said was good, but it was fried!! Did not expect that! As a side note, wondering why all the servers are men.

1  Thank Jill S
LutzChe, Owner at Benedetto's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Jill, we understand how important excellent table service is to the overall dining experience, and it's rare for us to miss the mark. I'm sorry if your server let you down. We don't like to make a habit of mistakes, though, so I'll be sure to check in with the team about your feedback. If you think you can give us another chance, though, we'd love to prove our worth.