This was our first trip to a resort like this and only ended up here after we couldn't book at caliente. The entire staff was very friendly. Upon check in another guest was complaining about a woman giving a man a blow job by the pool. However, we didn't see any kind of that activity while we were there. We had a poolside cabana standard room, it was a little small for our taste but upon booking it was recommended to book there due to the convenience of the pool and bars. Our bags were not checked upon check in but we respected the policy of no outside food or drink. I would probably book a cabana room again b/c it is rather convenient but I would stick w/ the standard room b/c they are all the same size just different decor. We learned more about the other accomodations upon check. The prices seemed reasonable for larger units and hope to try some of the other units when we return. They offer golf cart rentals by a company on site which is convenient. The food and drinks are reasonably priced. The entire resort is a little dated but it isn't shabby, I would say comfortable. The night club played great music and was a lot of fun. It wasn't crowded and I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing b/c we've never been to this type of resort. We were told it was a slow weekend b/c of the other lifestyle conventions in the area, 2 to be exact. We met quite a few locals that were very nice and clearly in the lifestyle. They told us about Caliente and this place as they frequent both. They were very nice and explained to us the lifestyle since we are not in it. I think by the end of the night we all agreed Paradise is better. I was so curious to see what Caliente was all about (since they were sold out due to the lifestyle activity) and everyone was talking about the lifestyle group there. So we decided to venture over there along with other guests of Paradise on Saturday night. The grounds are more up to date and nicely kept, the crowd was definately a younger crowd but the night club was more of a true nightclub. Ladies dressed up in all sorts of sexy things, not many nude people in the nightclub. The music was up to date music but not as big of a variety as Paradise. The spa area at Caliente is apparently the place to be as there is a lot of action (i.e oral sex, sex, etc.) I still want to try Caliente but I think I prefer the more laid back atmosphere of Paradise. The crowd at Paradise was older than Caliente on the nights we were there but that really didn't bother me. I am 37 and my husband is 45. We seemed to be the youngest guests at Paradise but then again we weren't bothered b/c we are not in the lifestyle and were not looking to hook up with anyone we just wanted a place to be comfortable. We will definately go back to Paradise for themed parties as we heard those were great. You have to hit caliente on a special to make it worth your while. Our bar tab was more expensive at caliente for less drinks. We come home and there are 2 other mysterious charges from Caliente on our credit card that are pending. We are hoping to resolve that as we were only there for 2 hours with 1 bar tab that I have a receipt for! I will give caliente another chance on a special weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, Resort & Spa...We have over 100 hotel rooms; many of them are situated poolside, an upscale restaurant, a rocking nightclub, our Key West Bar at poolside, a fitness center with a gym. a day spa & a boutique featuring the hottest in clubwear, an RV park, tennis, sand volleyball, water volleyball, hot tubs, a heated conversation pool and huge all-season pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Paradise Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Lakes Hotel Land o Lakes
- Paradise Lakes Resort Florida/Land O Lakes