My wife and I visited in October 2012 with some friends. We had never been to Paradise Lakes Resort before, and we had ready both good and bad reviews, so we were not sure what to expect.
The staff was very friendly, regularly checking in with us to see if we needed anything. Our room was very clean and though the hotel was old and had some outdated amenities (old tv, no phone), it served its purpose.
We heard from residents and regulars who said that new owners have taken over the resort after a period of decline, and we saw the owners on premises the entire time working and keeping things moving. Many locals thought the resort is coming back strong and are happy with the work being done on the location.
Everyone we met was friendly, relaxed, and respectful, including staff, residents, and visitors. The food from the Key West bar was good, the drinks were cold, though we did hear some complaints about the food at the restaurant. Our breakfasts were good there, however.
Club Reveal was a very fun spot in the evenings and added a more adult end to each night with a DJ handling the tunes on site.
We will certainly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, Resort & Spa...We have over 100 hotel rooms; many of them are situated poolside, an upscale restaurant, a rocking nightclub, our Key West Bar at poolside, a fitness center with a gym. a day spa & a boutique featuring the hottest in clubwear, an RV park, tennis, sand volleyball, water volleyball, hot tubs, a heated conversation pool and huge all-season pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Paradise Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Lakes Hotel Land o Lakes
- Paradise Lakes Resort Florida/Land O Lakes