In my opinion Plantation Palms is the best public golf course in the LOL/Lutz/Wesley Chapel area and perhaps including New Tampa too. Here are some tips
1) Location - about a mile north on Collier Parkway off of Hwy 54. That intersection is about 10 minutes west of the I75/275 apex OR 5 minutes east of the Dale Mabry/41 apex. In other words its really easy to get to. If you come north on Collier it's the next right past the LOL Rec Fields
2) Amenities - nice clubhouse with bar, food, and large veranda overlooking the 18th green.
3) Pro Shop - a bit on the small side but adequate
4) Practice area - decent driving range and practice green and also has a chipping green as well with multiple angles to shoot from
5) COURSE - this is a challenging but fun course to play. Here are some tips for the course itself...
>>Note that WATER comes into play on 17 of the 18 holes. Bring plenty of balls if that scares you :)
>> The course is in a community but most of the homes are out of range and far enough back that they don't seem obtrusive. (Oh you can hit them to be sure but it's not crammed like some neighborhood courses). Also this is an upscale community for the most part and the homes are well kept.
>> Upkeep. the course changed owners a couple years ago and is in nice shape again.
>>I have friends that travel out of there way to play this course because it is so well designed and fun
6) Rates - $25-55 depending on the time of day/season. That's pretty reasonable for the level of course in my book
I plan to play here again and again. See you there
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.