“A Hot time at Harry's”

Harry’s Seafood Bar and Grille
Ranked #3 of 457 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went to a concert at Lake Mirror one Saturday in April and decided to eat in downtown Lakeland. Lots of choices. We decided on Harry's because of the menu and ambiance. Had some appetizers with our cocktails in the bar area which were delicious and then dined on sumptuous fare for dinner in the din ing area. Everyone enjoyed their meals which were plentiful, priced right and served hot and with a smile. We will go back again. Dave from Solivita.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The food was excellent. I was here for lunch and had the gumbo and shrimp and grits. Both were excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to come back and sample more of the menu.

The service was terrible though. Since I was there for lunch, it wasn't a big deal. I was in a bit of a hurry and it was hard to get the server's attention. I would have been very annoyed if I was there for dinner or with my family. I saw other servers just standing around waiting for tables while my server disappeared to the kitchen for long stretches. It looks like management is not on top of it.

I would try it again though because the food was outstanding.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We chose Harry's on our hotel's recommendation. We were very pleased with the decision to try them out. While it has New Orleans style food I do not see how any one would not be able to find something delicious to eat on the menu. We opted for the specials and were not disappointed for lunch. Shrimp wrapped in bacon and BBQ sauce with fried potato salad and a Bacon Jam Hamburger with fried potato salad. Holy phenomenal food Batman! Very good. Dessert was Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream. Yum! There are many more items on the menu we will return to try. Highly recommend Harry's.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Finally after looking for over 15 years a restaurant that lives up to the NOLA reputation without the long drive. Growing up in Mississippi we vacationed in NOLA on a regular basis. When talking about what you do in NOLA I would always think for a second and say "Well you eat breakfast, walk and shop until time for lunch, eat, walk and shop until time for supper, eat!" Good New Orleans cuisine is a whole experience unto itself. Lots of seafood, French influence, sauce and great flavors. Harry's Seafood, Bar, and Grille makes it all come to life again but close to home. With great flavors from NOLA and the south coupled with great hospitality and even a little ironwork outside to make it come together. I had blackened shrimp with grit cakes that were excellent as well as collard greens, smashed potatoes, coleslaw, and corn maque choux! Amazing! If you are by yourself and can only go for one side dish I recommend the maque choux!! Better to go with a group so you can taste a little of it all! It is all wonderful! Harry's you have really pulled it off. I was a little disappointed that when you pull up creole restaurants in Trip Advisor for Lakeland there are none listed. For Creole/Cajun this is the real thing. Have fun and "Laissez les bons temps rouler."

Reviewed July 21, 2013

After a short, but pleasant wait at the bar for our table, we spent some time perusing the menu.
After several question to our server, we learned that MOST of the items are "pre-prepared" and, as expected of a Cajun cuisine, include bell peppers, in one form or another.
My dining companion is allergic to bell peppers, so her choices were somewhat limited.
But not to worry - EVERYTHING ordered was of exceptional quality and taste.
Our server was warm, friendly and humorous.
A special request didn't phase the bartending staff.
VERY casual and relaxed atmosphere, with tasteful decor.