“Great Food”

Harry’s Seafood Bar and Grille
Ranked #4 of 445 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Grill, American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
Lakeland, Florida
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We eat at Harry's about 3 times a month. Never in two years have we had a bad meal. The food is fresh and delicious and the service is impeccable. Great location downtown and very quiet and relaxing sitting outside with a view of the common. All portions are very generous, you will not go away hungry or disappointed.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
“A must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, reasonable prices and excellent service. One of my favorite restaurants here in Lakeland. Should be #1 on the list!

Louisville, Kentucky
“Best Food of the Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

FORGET THIS PLACE...unless you want excellent food at a reasonable price and good service. We initially asked for a table for 7 and bumped that to 9 at the last moment. Even on a busy Saturday night and with the last minute change, we were seated within 20 minutes. The Baked French Scallops were quite tasty. My wife tried the Shrimp Creole and was quite pleased. A slight mix-up in the order from one of our friends prompted the waitress to bring Fried Green Tomato appetizers for the group. Our only regret is that we skipped the Collard Greens and later heard everyone raving about them. That gives us the perfect reason to return!

Lakeland, Florida
“General Manager is Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went to Harry's for lunch today. We live in Lakeland and have been eating there for years. Food is always good and so is the service, and their French Baked Mahi is to die for. Anyway, my daughter ordered a burger with bacon jam on it. She didn't like the flavor of the jam, so we told her to just scrape it off. The manager noticed what she was doing, came over to the table and offered her a new burger without us saying a word! Unbelievable! I have never had an experience like that before. The manager's name is Manuel and he made my daughter's day by giving her a fresh, cheeseburger with no bacon jam. Keep up the awesome customer service! I only wish more restaurant managers treated their guests like this. Thank you Manuel.

Cary, North Carolina
“Outstanding Food - Best of Our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Two friends and I were in town for a large get together with others who share our hobby.

In recent years, we've taken to finding some of the best food we can in the areas we visit. What we've never done before is go to the same place twice - until Harry's.

The first night, we came with 4 other friends we met up with earlier in the day. After a reasonable wait, we got a table that held us all.
I ordered the Shrimp Etouffee. Wow was it ever great! And the portions were large too. My only regret was not ordering the Crawfish version because I tried it the next evening when someone ordered it and thought it was even better.

The second visit I ordered Shrimp Creole. Also very good but it couldn't beat the Efouffee.
The Harry's Collard Greens was one of the best sides you could ask for.

While there both nights, I also tried what others had ordered. The Tilapia Shrimp Meuniére - Fantastic. Wish I'd ordered that myself but then I'd have missed one of the dishes I had.
I also tried the Red Beans & Rice - really good.

The only less than favorable thing that happened was on the first visit. It was later and they put us in a back room that had just cleared. Then I think they forgot about us. No wait staff came to take drink orders or anything. We finally (after about 20 minutes) found the manager and asked. They were very apologetic and service was good after that but how on earth does that happen? Obviously, we came back another time after that so it wasn't the end of the world. I'd give a 4 1/2 if I could because of that but since I go to restaurants for good food, I'm ok giving this one a 5 on that alone.

Try it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

1 Thank nittanydave