“Terrific coffee shop in downtown Lakeland”

Mitchell's Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Great atmoshere in this laid back spot in historic building. Very good coffee and tea with wide choice of pastries. Free wifi and large space make this a terrific, inviting place for a break. Free street parking.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Good coffee, good sweets, quick and friendly service makes Mitchell's the coffee spot in downtown. Coffee and prices are much better than Starbucks (better named Bigbucks)! Plus, it is locally owned, family operated establishment. Hope you will give it a try and see if you don't enjoy the experience as much as do I, whether it get and go, sit inside, or sit outside.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is just what it says, a coffee house. I meet there for two hours once a week with about three friends to discuss politics and eat breakfast. The service is quick and efficient and the price for breakfast of eggs, toast, coffee and a sliced tomato is randomly about 5 to 8 dollars! We find it amusing that the price in almost never the same even though I order the same thing week after week. I complained once to the waitress when she charge about $8 when I paid $5 the previous week and she had a fit and wound up charging me even more! She could not add and she had no idea how to calculate the 10% off coupon I had that day. Fortunately, she is rarely there anymore and when she is, I only order coffee. At least that price is fixed. But the location and ambiance for small group discussion makes up for this amusing lack of fixed prices. The owners, Michelle and Mitch, are always gracious and she has expressed her delight that we spend a couple of hours with them every week.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I go to Mitchell's about 1-2 times per week. Their coffee is great and their atmosphere is really neat. They have a community bookshelf (leave a book, take a book) next to the tables, which is something I think more coffee shops ought to consider.

Their food isn't incredible, but it's certainly not bad at all. I haven't had the chance to try any of their desserts yet though.

Overall, it's a nice, quaint little place to read, write, or have a cup of coffee!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I love the coffee at Mitchell's and best of all it is a local family that owes and runs the coffee shop. I wished they offered more diversity in food. They have the best flavors of coffee that is not added by sugar liquids like other well known coffee shops. The atmosphere is my favorite local hang out spot.