“In a hurry or ready to relax this is a great downtown spot”

Mitchell's Coffee House
Ranked #2 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Lakeland, Florida
“In a hurry or ready to relax this is a great downtown spot”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Good coffee, good sweets, quick and friendly service makes Mitchell's the coffee spot in downtown. Coffee and prices are much better than Starbucks (better named Bigbucks)! Plus, it is locally owned, family operated establishment. Hope you will give it a try and see if you don't enjoy the experience as much as do I, whether it get and go, sit inside, or sit outside.

Visited September 2013

Lakeland, FL
“Great place to meet and talk”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is just what it says, a coffee house. I meet there for two hours once a week with about three friends to discuss politics and eat breakfast. The service is quick and efficient and the price for breakfast of eggs, toast, coffee and a sliced tomato is randomly about 5 to 8 dollars! We find it amusing that the price in almost never the same even though I order the same thing week after week. I complained once to the waitress when she charge about $8 when I paid $5 the previous week and she had a fit and wound up charging me even more! She could not add and she had no idea how to calculate the 10% off coupon I had that day. Fortunately, she is rarely there anymore and when she is, I only order coffee. At least that price is fixed. But the location and ambiance for small group discussion makes up for this amusing lack of fixed prices. The owners, Michelle and Mitch, are always gracious and she has expressed her delight that we spend a couple of hours with them every week.

• Visited July 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“This place is great!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I go to Mitchell's about 1-2 times per week. Their coffee is great and their atmosphere is really neat. They have a community bookshelf (leave a book, take a book) next to the tables, which is something I think more coffee shops ought to consider.

Their food isn't incredible, but it's certainly not bad at all. I haven't had the chance to try any of their desserts yet though.

Overall, it's a nice, quaint little place to read, write, or have a cup of coffee!

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint local coffee shop”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I love the coffee at Mitchell's and best of all it is a local family that owes and runs the coffee shop. I wished they offered more diversity in food. They have the best flavors of coffee that is not added by sugar liquids like other well known coffee shops. The atmosphere is my favorite local hang out spot.

Visited May 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Only ok”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have been to Mitchell's on two different occasions for lunch and unfortunately not impressed.
It is a small coffee house/bakery/deli. I haven't had coffee, only sandwiches and some cakes. The first time I went I had chicken salad sandwich, on a croissant. The croissant was very dry and falling apart and the chicken salad had way to much mayonnaise. It was very messy to eat. The 2nd time I had a turkey sandwich on rye. It was ok at best. You can create your own sandwich by choosing which meat, cheese and bread you want. The sandwiches come with chips (plain tortilla chips) and a pickle spear. I could have made the sandwiches better at home. I thought the bread would have been special made, but was wrong. The waitress both times brought they food to the table and never once checked on us, offered us refills on our drinks or anything. The cake I had was good but not the best I have had. Not impressed don't think I will be back.

• Visited May 2013