“This place is great!”

Mitchell's Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I go to Mitchell's about 1-2 times per week. Their coffee is great and their atmosphere is really neat. They have a community bookshelf (leave a book, take a book) next to the tables, which is something I think more coffee shops ought to consider.

Their food isn't incredible, but it's certainly not bad at all. I haven't had the chance to try any of their desserts yet though.

Overall, it's a nice, quaint little place to read, write, or have a cup of coffee!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I love the coffee at Mitchell's and best of all it is a local family that owes and runs the coffee shop. I wished they offered more diversity in food. They have the best flavors of coffee that is not added by sugar liquids like other well known coffee shops. The atmosphere is my favorite local hang out spot.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have been to Mitchell's on two different occasions for lunch and unfortunately not impressed.
It is a small coffee house/bakery/deli. I haven't had coffee, only sandwiches and some cakes. The first time I went I had chicken salad sandwich, on a croissant. The croissant was very dry and falling apart and the chicken salad had way to much mayonnaise. It was very messy to eat. The 2nd time I had a turkey sandwich on rye. It was ok at best. You can create your own sandwich by choosing which meat, cheese and bread you want. The sandwiches come with chips (plain tortilla chips) and a pickle spear. I could have made the sandwiches better at home. I thought the bread would have been special made, but was wrong. The waitress both times brought they food to the table and never once checked on us, offered us refills on our drinks or anything. The cake I had was good but not the best I have had. Not impressed don't think I will be back.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I love going to Mitchell's for a frozen Samoan (coconut, mocha, and irish cream). The atmosphere is very relaxed and calm which I love. I also love the free wifi they offer. I like going there and sitting at the bar, just looking out at downtown. Their coffee is amazing, but so are their homemade desserts. I highly recommend the brownies!

1  Thank Courtney M
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a coffee hangout for its regulars, and that is really what it is all about. I am not kidding about the food not worth bothering with. I ordered the soup and grilled cheese special this winter. The soup was boring--by afternoon I couldn't even recall what it was. And guess about the grilled cheese...it was two slices of sliced commercial white bread (maybe Wonder Bread?) with one of those Kraft-like individually wrapped cheese food slices melted in the middle. Yuk. Don't get me wrong, it is a wonderful place/club for the regulars and has nice coffee, but don't plan on eating there.