“Wife likes the Broccoli Chicken”
Review of China One

China One
Ranked #189 of 446 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lakeland, Florida
“Wife likes the Broccoli Chicken”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

China One Restaurant

Wife likes the Broccoli Chicken while I go for the General Tso's Chicken

We have ordered lunch carry out from here a number of times and have always been pleased with their fast service, reasonable prices and generous portions. Like an earlier reviewer commented, we can usually make two meals if not too hungry.

China One is not a fancy place and the food is not elegant fair. Keep in mind this is 'fast food Chinese style' and you will not be disappointed. For around $5.00 (lunch) you get a container stuffed full of good hot food and a canned drink or tea. You can sit down in the restaurant; however, their primary focus is 'carry out'.

Since we have not ordered from the dinner menu, I'll leave that to those who have.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Richard E

“Good take out”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We get take out from here all the time, and sometimes even eat in on my lunch break from work.
The food is excellent and the portions are always enough for 2 meals! Normally they have your food ready within 15 minutes or so. I have only had 1 not so great experience, my husband called in our order and they said it would be ready in the typical 15min, we were next door shopping; when my husband went in to pick up our order it wasn't ready and 20min later (for a total of 35min) it still wasn't ready so we had to leave before our groceries melted. Other than the one time our food as always been ready, hot and very tasty. Would recommend for quick take out.

• Visited March 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Consistently good food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I get take out from China 1 on Lakeland Highlands Road about once a week. We always get fast, friendly service and the food is consistently good. They have the best egg rolls. Vegetable Low Mein is a staple. A real plus is this restaurant does not use styrofoam. All containers are cardboard boxes or neat reusable lidded containers. No melting styrofoam in your food or carcinogens to worry about. We don't go there for the atmosphere or to eat in. We take out for a stay date night at home with a good movie.

• Visited February 2013
“Fresh and good, don't be fooled by the appearance”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I read the other reviews and was a little uncertain, especially when I saw the tell-tale signs in the store of the photos of various dishes with the names printed underneath the pictures. We were so hungry though, we quickly decided and ordered. When we opened the styrofoam container what ever preconceived notions went out the door. The food was hot, fresh and perfectly with a wonderful flavor. The rice was tasty, hot and not overlooked. My husband had general zho's chicken was good. I had shrimp with brown sauce and it was wonderful. Some sit down Chinese restaurants do not even taste this good! The shrimp was hot and firm, but not chewy or overcooked. It could easily be cut with a plastic fork. All in all, it was a good experience and the next time we are in the area we will definitely be back again!

“Simply the best!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I eat here two or more times a week. The food is very fresh, cooked to order. The value is great for the portions. Must try! The food has better taste and quality than any buffet or Chinese restaurants around.