“Great Food, Great Atmosphere...Can't wait to go to my local Smokey Bones!”

Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill
Ranked #38 of 457 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Ate there several times on a recent business trip. First night I had the brisket and ribs. Both were tender and delicious. They had three types of sauces you could try and they were all good. I tried it a second night and had the best hamburger I have had in a decade. I eat my burgers medium rare and it was cooked & seasoned perfectly. Staff was friendly, energetic, & knowledgeable of their menu items. I went with a large group both nights and both servers were fantastic. Great place to watch a game or hang out with friends. If you are taking children - I would go early because later in the evening the atmosphere changed to more of a "bar type" setting with a louder rambunctious crowd.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Was good when they first opened but our meals were crap, we didn't finish and they didn't care it was bad. Even the donuts tasted bad like old or bad oil. Didn't eat and left and will never go back. I know of 2 others that had similar expereince and said they won't go back.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Amazing food and a great server. One of the best steaks I've ever eaten. And that's saying a lot comg from a terribly picky eater.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Like the atmosphere and food was tasty. Generally clean and service was pretty good. Not a rib guy but my companion liked theirs. I had decent burger and side dishes.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have always loved Smokey Bones. It totally loses its charm when you order take out. The portions are very small for the price. The sweet potato fries are tasty and salty.