I stayed here for 3 nights and though there were positive aspects of the hotel, they were also some challenges.
1. The rooms were very clean. The cleaning staff kept the room very clean, and I was very impressed with not only how well they did cleaning the rooms, but they were always very pleasant and friendly.
2. I can't say the same for the front staff. There were certainly some that were very pleasant and helpful, but upon arriving, they seemed bothered and, behaved in a strange manner, telling me and 2 other guests that "rooms were not ready yet, because they were full last night", yet, suddenly all the rooms became clean at the same time, and when I went to my room, there were multiple rooms that were not being used. It was almost as if the desire to get into the room was not welcome.
3. The pool and hot tub were great to have, however, the pool was dirty. I understand how challenging it may to keep clean with the treas and such, but the amount of dead bugs was just nasty.
4. The hotel is old, and the breakfast is lacking in addition to the gold curtains, disco ball, and stage in eating area, provided a very strange kind of atmosphere. They listed having a bar which has not been in service for some time. Overall, it was very strange.
The cleanliness of the rooms was the only thing that made this acceptable. The major reason I will most likely never return is because of the reception staff. Customer service was simply lacking.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Lakeland South
- Lakeland Holiday Inn