“Don't Live Up To Thier Word”

Hampton Inn Lakeland- North I-4
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Mulberry,Fl
“Don't Live Up To Thier Word”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I was having surgery at a near by eye clinic and decided this was better than driving back and forth to my home. First the ice maker didnt work and when I asked the front desk, I was told to go to the 7-11 a couple blocks away and buy a bag. The air wasn't working properly and again I was told they were having problems with that room but wouldnt move me because their computer was down and they couldnt change it. In the AM the breakfast offerings were sparce and I heard others complaining about the service and rooms. I asked about their guaranteed satisfaction or your money back and the so called manager said he would move me to another room. I was checking out!!!! I wrote to Hampton about that guarantee and got an automated reply that they would check and even after writing 3 more times I never heard back. They talk a good deal but dont honor it and I am a Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank mulberrygal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chittenango, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Nothing too exciting about this Hampton, but nothing wrong either. Its about the same as the rest. Parking lot was relatively full when I checked in, so had to park in the back and walk around to the front. The front doors were locked when I got there (11:30pm), but a phone called to the manager on duty, who came and unlocked the doors. I assume this was for safety, as it only took 30 seconds for the manager to unlock the door.

Room was decent. Wireless was fine. Didnt stay for breakfast, although it looked to be a basic continental Hampton breakfast. Nice touch that the computer in the lobby had a laser printer, instead of a typical inkjet. I was able to print a bunch of items for work.

All-in-all, a very average Hampton stay.

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank bkafrick
Atlanta
Reviewed December 26, 2007

My husband and I stayed here Thanksgiving weekend for the Florida/Florida State game. We stayed on the fourth floor after I requested a room that was not next to the elevator. Our room was HUGE. The bed was so comfortable and the furnishings were very nice. We have stayed in hotels that were rated higher that were not nearly as nice as this hotel. The continental breakfast was good and seemed to have more variety than other continental breakfasts we have had in other hotels. The staff was very nice and accomodating. We usually go to one game each year and we will stay here again next year without a doubt. The only negative: When we pressed the channel button to change channels, there was a 5 second delay which was somewhat aggravating. However, everything else was so nice, this would not make us change our minds about staying here again. There is a Wal-Mart and a mini-mall with a Belks, Goodys, etc. close by. Several places to eat includes a Ruby Tuesdays, Steak and Shake, etc. My husband played golf at the local golf course also located near the hotel and received a discount when he mentioned we were staying at The Hampton Inn. We live in the Atlanta area and this hotel is located approximately 40 min. to Gainesville so it's a great location if you are going to see the Gators.

• Liked — Large, very nice room!
  • Disliked — Slow television channel changing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Unihead
Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 19, 2007

i stayed 2 nights on business. Other than no wireless internet in the room, it was more than adequate.
The room was remodeled recently, clean, and comfortable. It was decently priced. Breakfast was ok.

• Liked — comfortable room
  • Disliked — had to use a ethernet cable instead of wireless
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank michaeljasongray
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 10, 2004

Recently, my son's travel ball team played in the Lakeland area. I made the reservations for 12 families to stay at the Hampton Inn. This hotel is definitly not children-friendly. We were told at check-in that our children had a 9:00 "curfew" and must be in bed by 9:00. Our team is not a rowdy group but they do act like 12 year old boys. They were reprimanded for talking too loud in the hallway at 5:30 pm. There was confusion from some of the staff on the issue of late check-out. One clerk told our coach that it was "no problem." When one of our parents asked another clerk for late checkout they were treated rudely and asked "who told you that you could do that?". While some clerks were courteous others were rude, defensive, and difficult to deal with. However, the rooms were clean. I don't recommend this hotel for any group with many children. One member of the staff was overheard saying that they would be glad when the ball teams were gone. Our children were not loud during our stay. We travel all of over the southeast with our team and this is the first time we have encountered this type of situation. The staff had already decided that our group was going to be a problem before we even checked in to the hotel.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member