“Classic Hampton”

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Tallahassee
“Classic Hampton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

What a wonderfully clean Hampton Inn. I'd just spent previous weekend in a Comfort Suites and I just felt like I was at home coming back to Hampton. One of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in. Service was friendly and efficient. Convenient to all of Lakeland. Easy I-4 access but in a quiet part of town. Plenty of nearby restaurants. I was here to move my daughter back in to college and really had no issues. I do confess that the breakfast in the Comfort Suite was better to this typical Hampton breakfast. But more than adequate and a good amount of space for all to sit and enjoy. The pool looked refreshing but I didn't get to enjoy it. Noticed they had a handicapped assistant chair to help handicapped into and out of the pool. Had never seen this before but imagine it would be quite handy to someone who had mobility issues. Did not recall seeing this mentioned on the website. Great TV in room and a/c worked wonderfully. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems bring your swim suit and enjoy the pool w/ the poolside lift chair!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mike P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lakeland- North I-4, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
BiBi'smom
Thank you for the review. I'm glad that the quality/cleanliness of the rooms and the service you received were up to par with what you have come to expect of the Hampton brand. We have made significant updates to our Complimentary Hot Breakfast and we are sure that you will enjoy it even more with all of the new offerings. We've renovated the property to offer a new contemporary look and feel to your stay, but we've retained the hospitality and service that is "classically Hampton". We look forward to your next stay with us!

-MIKE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Elkhart, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Checked into this hotel for the great rate for the 5 days I was in town. Room was clean, smelled great, up to date. Shopping just a few miles away! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Just 7 minutes from downtown! Quiet hotel hallways, pool was very clean. It was very hot out so it was refreshing!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Linda P
Linda P,
I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay! It's always great to know that out hotel is a refreshing oasis from the hot Florida sun!

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very nice hotel and caring staff. Worth the stay and will come back. The hotel location is off the exit and close to everything. TRavel to Tampa or Orlando attractions within 30 minutes of drive time. No traffic of big city. Will come back.

Varsha P,
It's great to hear that your stay was enjoyable! Our staff always strives to make every experience the best. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Tampa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Although the A/C unit made a few strange noises overall I was very satisfied with th accomidations and the Hotel staff was very friendly and efficient. The complimentary Breakfast was very adequate and well stocked. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank David M
asheville,NC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Every employee we encountered at his hotel was extremely friendly, polite, professional and helpful. We have been staying at this hotel for the last several years when we are in the Lakeland area and have seen the same employees, with the turn over in the hotel business that is saying something.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Located next to restaurants but the hotel itself is very quite. I could not even hear doors closing. The beds are very comfortable and a nice pool. The staff are very helpful and polite. The king bed is very enjoyable and flat screen tv makes the stay comfortable before going to bed.

• Stayed July 2013
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

this hotel is in a quiet area, within walking distance to several eating places. i've always stayed on family business & now they know my whole family! the staff is so nice & attentive & there's been no turnover. it's quiet, clean & has everything you need. the breakfast is pretty typical, but gets you on your way. the coffee in the ROOMS is even good! will probably not be over that way again & i will miss the staff. definitely the best place to stay in lakeland.

1 Thank Barbara H