“nice enough!”

Hampton Inn Lakeland- North I-4
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed March 8, 2013

this is a basic hotel. but clean & quiet & in a quiet area. cable tv & complimentary wireless in room. adequate breakfast with great coffee. friendly staff. everything you need.

there's an applebee's right next door.

Room Tip: we were on second floor and it was quiet. it's well off the freeway & well insulated so i d...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nice experience, just what we needed and expected, very clean and friendly staff. Would definately stay again if in the area. Nice pool, convienent location (for our needs) and helpfull staff. Decent restaurants a short hop away and easy on and off I-4

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our room was a typical Hampton Inn stay experience for us. The young man at the desk made a good suggestion for a Mom and Pop store evening meal. Just what we look for.
Yes we'd stay there again if we're in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a family event that brought us to the Lakeland, FL area. The Hampton was super accommodating by providing an ample lobby area for visiting and conversation; a meeting room for an informal slideshow presentation and both pool and fitness area for our use. The staff was extremely helpful in making certain water, cookies and other comforts were available and plentiful. Our rooms were generally quiet; though this is an older hotel and was showing wear and tear in the bath and millwork areas. Though no dining is available on site; there is an Applebee's next door for impromptu dining.

Room Tip: Ask about group rates
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed there recently on an extended business trip for 2 weeks. Average sized rooms with standard hotel refrigerator and microwave. Bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast was what you would expect and well stocked with standard fare. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Rodney that worked at the front desk was particularly friendly and helpful. Conveniently located off I-4.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had a terrible experience at check-in as the staff was rude and was just ready to be done with me. I was traveling for business and the room I was in did not have a desk which I needed and they acted like I was crazy to ask for one.

The area is unsafe and I caught someone trying to break into my car and the 7-11 next door to the hotel.

Stay away from this one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family stayed in this hotel since this was the only hotel in the "vicinity" when all the Orlando hotels were booked solid. We had planned to return home, but when we got out of the theme parks, it was raining heavily and did not want to take the risk driving down the turnpike in the rain in the night. For those who have not driven the Orlando-Fort Lauderdale section of the turnpike, there is a whole bunch of nothing in between exits, and the exits and the service plazas are more than 40-50 miles apart. After a search of Hiltons in the area, this was the only one that had space.

Though the hotel is a bit old, the bedding was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very good - waffles, cereal, bread/butter/jam, bagel/cream cheese, OJ and apple juice, and coffee.
The hotel manager was friendly and chit chatted with all the patrons during breakfast.

A small friendly quiet hotel for folks who are travelling in the Lakeland/Orlando area.

Will definitely stay here in the future if circumstances permit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family