“Average stay at Ramada”
Review of Ramada Lakeland

Ramada Lakeland
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed May 25, 2014

My mother often goes to this Ramada on 98. It was my first visit, and I was n town for a graduation.

The lobby and grounds are pretty well kempt. The interior areas past that are in need of some updates. Nothing major, but little touches can make a very big difference.

The shading on the windows in the rooms was peeling. There was a little mold in the bathrooms, which for some reason on the 4th floor were having problems. My water in my shower would not go past warm. In my mom's room the sink drained slowly, and in both rooms the toilet did not fully flush. On a trip to the main desk to request addtional towels, we encountered another guest on the 4th floor who was complaining about the toilet not flushing at all... and this had been an ongoing problem during her 3 day stay so far.

The other issue was two sockets in my mom's room did not work. We reported it at the front desk on our way to breakfast. Why on earth did the maintenance man come after 11:30 p.m. to address our issues? Needless to say we asked him to come in the morning. As of my checkout this morning, the issue had not been rectified. My mother is staying an additonal week. I cannot wait to see how long it takes to get fixed.
I must say the desk clerk was always polite and empathetic regarding any issues brought to her attention. An alternate employee I spoke with was less customer oriented. She was dishonest regarding the rooms having clock radios. I was on room 429 and had one, so I mentioned my mother did not have one She told me there weren't any. When I rebutted with the fact that one was in room 429, she responded 'we are renovating'. I did not persue it further. I hope the intention is to replace the old radios with new ones, and not remove them from all rooms with the 'update' of the hotel.

The internet, named high speed, was mediocre at best. Two sockets in my mothers' room did not work. We reported it to the front desk in the morning. The maintenance man came after 11:30 p.m. to address the issue. Needless to say my mother asked him to return at a better time. As of my checkout today, the issue was still not rectified. My mother will be staying another week. I wonder how long it will take to get resolved.

In all, I cannot complain much, and for 61 dollars per night, received a decent value.

1  Thank Sharla Z
There are newer reviews for Ramada Lakeland

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Drug dealing, marijuana smoke, dirty rooms. Left to stay at motel 6. Not 3 star not 2 star. A low level 1 star at best. You will be scared to stay there. Be carefully on Hotwire and priceline - you'll always end up here

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank mark b
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The front desk staff was OK you could tell the frustration in them when i had problems with room and the manager act as if he even cared about the problem.I was on the 2nd floor the rooms are bad it had a bad smell the window seals was dirty rain coming through window. The tub felt as if you was going to fall through. the linen was dirty my mother also had a room with the same problem her bathroom sink was cracked in the middle we both had paint chipped off the walls and doors . the only good thing about this hotel was the flat screen TV and some of the housekeeping staff was very nice. i stayed here 05/10/2014 for 2 nights this was my first time in Lakeland and i would never stay at this hotel again and wouldn't recommend it to no one. i asked to see a downstairs room and they showed it to me and it was a little better i asked to be moved and i was told i couldn't because i already walked in the other room in which i was only in there not even 5 minutes.

1  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed May 14, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank George M
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This Ramada was very old, the rooms were damp and musky. The bathroom smelled. It was very disappointing. Lights did not work.
SWhite