“Creepy Crawly”

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Pensacola, Florida
“Creepy Crawly”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We arrived to the hotel on a Saturday night. That night I found two roaches in the room so I checked the dressers to make sure there were not anymore. I found another roach crawling across the front of drawer. I went to tell the front desk and was told that they did not have any other rooms; but would have someone spray the next day. The sheets were dirty and looked as though someone had slept in them the night before. The floor was filthy, when we would walk from the room onto the tile in the bathroom floor we would leave black footprints. I had to go buy a pair of sandals just to wear on the nasty floor.

The next day someone came and sprayed some roach killer throughout the room, but that was not enough we still found a roach on the front door. The front desk then told me that they would have Orkin come out and spray on Monday. When I took a shower, to my surprise there were roaches in the shower and bathroom. Throughout the next few days there were still roaches in the bathroom. I went to the front desk and asked again she said they had no rooms and she could have Orkin come out, I told her they were already supposed to. Later that day I caught the head maintainence man at which time he told me Orkin was not coming out they were going to take care of it.

The final night of our stay we went to a business meeting and when we returned to our room there was a roach on our table, one crawling out of my sock, and one crawling up the bed skirt onto the bed. I was so distraught at this time we were just going to leave and attempt the drive home; but the front desk was able to get us a room on another floor that was not infested with roaches (imagine that!!).

If we did not have business down here we would have left and went to another hotel. This hotel is extremely dirty and needs renovations.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank N H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Central Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at our recent stay at this Ramada. It was super easy to find; right off of I-4. Our room (King w Sofa) had comfy bed, sofa, desk, microwave and small refrigerator…the only thing that didn’t work was our phone…which we reported in the morning. There were several sports teams that were staying there, but did not hear a peep out them. The breakfast in the morning was pretty good…continental – biscuits & gravy, fruit, yogurt, muffins, waffles, cereals, etc. They had a great pool area and it was actually 8.5’ deep, which is uncommon is a lot of these chain hotels, but nice because it forces the children to stay in the shallow end or a parent to actually watch them. I believe they also had a bar/restaurant attached, as well, but we did not have the opportunity to visit it. Overall, we thought it was a great value for what we paid and a nice hotel that we would stay at again if the need presented itself.

Room Tip: we were on the 2nd floor over looking the pool - no issues.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
St.Augustine
Reviewed April 30, 2012

this is an Excellent place to stay for the price, you can't beat it & i looked everywhere..plus we arrived later than we expected, no problem..easy access, Clean room, Clean Beds, decent breakfast, good coffee, nice staff, and best of all..great rate already with AAA..but then actual rate
much BETTER! Stay Here! Convenient!

Room Tip: take the 1st floor..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
surrey
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Important positives are that the bed was comfortable and the shower was fine. Noise from the adjacent interstate and from other guests did not really bother us. The staff were a bit stretched, but to be fair, the hotel was extremely busy as the Sun N Fun airshow was taking place.
Negatives were that the decor badly needs updating, and the breakfast was poor both in quality and presentation. (It is not a "free" breakfast, you pay for it in the room rate). Wifi coverage was patchy - none at all in our room.

If I had to stay a night in Lakeland, and there was nothing else available, I'd be content to stay here again. But I am sure there would normally be better alternatives.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pgwill
Melbourne,Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Room was good for the night and a good restful bed. Room was clean and spacious. WIFI worked. The noise came right through the walls: doors closing from hallway and other toilets flushing from nearby. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was ok for free and waffles and coffee were good.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Checked in on a Saturday night for a few nights, booked the room because it was close to the freeway and very accessible to the Tigers Stadium. Check in was a breeze and the front desk lady gentleman was very helpful and accommodating. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the room as it felt very clean and spacious, for the price I really couldn't complain at all.
The next morning the wife and I was also taken back as they had a full hot breakfast setup with eggs, sausages and waffles! Apparently there is a full restaurant and lounge, the manager introduced himself to me and informed me that they were doing a special event with free cocktails that very same evening. Needless to say we throughly enjoyed our stay and the customer service was way above average for the price we paid.

Kudos to the staff at the Ramada Lakeland. We will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donald t
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Was in lakeland for the Sun N Fun air show. Stayed one night and that was plenty. Hotel needs serious updating. Interstate noise is easily heard and breakast was what you expect for free. For a quick night over it will do but there have to be better options!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from interstate
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo