“AWFUL!”

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Los Angeles, California, United States
“AWFUL!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

I don't know how this hotel received any stars - maybe it was better at one time. We booked this with confidence thinking that a Ramada would have a minimum standard that we could live with - we couldn't have been more wrong.

The sheets on one of our beds were either dirty or stained. When we called at 10pm to get them changed we were told there was no one who could do that for us. We slept in the second bed in the room where the sheets appeared to be clean, but the bed was lumpy. Shampoo and conditioner bottles were half full - apparently used. Just disgusting. We were told by the front desk attendant that they use an outside firm for housekeeping so they "can't do anything about it."

Breakfast was advertised from 6 - 9, but most of it wasn't put out until 7 or later. This didn't help us as we were on business and needed to be on our way by 7. Toaster was broken one morning and staff complained that guests broke it.

We would have changed hotels if a room had been available. We will never go back. I don't usually write reviews, but this was truly the worst experience I've had at a hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank JenD510

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Palm Coast, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

We checked in 3-15-12 for 4 nights at $89.95/night seniors rate. The place was not very clean, but most hotels were booked this weekend. We tried 4 hotels with the travelers coupon book and no one would honor them, so we were stuck. The gentleman at the front desk David was very nice, pleasant and professional, after that forget it. The bed was so lumpy, you couldn't move in the bathroom, the carpet was filthy our socks were black, they were understaffed and the place was very routy and noisy. The breakfast was terrible, one morning they had hamburger buns for toast, no fruit. The one night we came back to our room at 6:00 pm and it still was not done. Our door was open the tip was gone and the bed was made. The girl came in and she said is there anything else she should do. I asked her to change the sheets,she put the sheets on the dirty floor to swing them onto the bed she was about to leave and I asked her to clean up the bathroom, she had not not touch it, no clean towels or anything. She used so much bleach we could not breath. We told the maintenance man and then she gave us orange stuff to spray. The maintenance boss comes around to check the rooms after they are done so they leave the doors wide open, he looks from the hall and keeps going, they have a big problem with cleanliness. They said it used to be a Holiday Inn and it has new owners, they better get their act together.They had a few cheap plastic chairs around the pool. After the day that the room was not done we checked out and went across the street to LaQuinta it was paradise compared to this place. LaQuinta had the best breakfest, plentifull, and very clean and nice people, clean rooms. spacious and the same price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dirty_Harry31

Travelers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

SW Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wife and I along with our 14 month old baby recently stayed here for a week. We were visiting family and checking out Tigers Spring Training so we really only slept and had breakfast then left for the day.

After our first impression upon check-in we certainly second guessed staying there for a whole week and spent our first night looking into other hotels. It is right beside the I-4 interstate, it looked old and tired, and there seemed to be a few questionable people hanging around the parking lot. i wasn't quite sure this was the place to bring my young family. The hotel didnt seem very busy the first few nights so it definately seemed kind of creepy.

The hotel is suppossedly renovated but has a long way to go. The exterior has been painted but still looks old.The hallways and stairwells definately did not give off great first impressions. The hallway walls are very warn, tired, scuffed, chipped, and looked kinda dirty. The hallway carpeting looked dirty and stained in numerous places and were kind of nervous about taking the elevator.

As for the room itself, it was HUGE and great area for the baby to crawl around (she did develop rashes on her legs during our trip..from the carpet??). The furniture was updated and as dodgey has the hallways and exterior looked the room was VERY CLEAN ! The bathroom was tiny but was fine. We couldn't complain about the cleanliness of the room, as the cleaining staff did a great job all week. The TV definately needs updating as the tubed TVs were not very clear and had average reception.

The free breakfast was more than enough for us...waffles, scrabled eggs, cereal, muffins, toast, OJ, coffee, somedays grtiz, some days bacon. Maybe a little more fresh fruit would be the only suggestion. But overall the nothing to complain about especially since it's included.

The entire staff was incredible friendly as the cleaning staff was cheerful, the maintenance staff was helpful and very friendly.

We did not go to the pool nor did we check out the restaurant/bar on site (which i am not even sure served food?)

Overall, by the 2nd night our concerns lessened and it tunred out to be a very suitable place to stay. Would I stay here again???...maybe....based on the rate we paid, the breakfast, the size and cleanliness of the room, and considering were really only sleeping there for the week I would certainly consider staying there again, but would also look elsewhere too if we had planned to spend more time there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tragicallyhip
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I can't say enough about the staff at this Ramada Inn.
Very friendly, nice, helpful and knowledgable
I even by chance met the owners, great young men who are
doing all then can to make this a first rate hotel.
The rooms are spacious and very clean. Had no issues whatsoever.
The ladies that take care of the rooms will go out of their way to be helpful
with any of your room needs.
The man that handles the breakfast buffet is the most friendly and
knowledgable person I have met in a hotel of late.
The food area is always clean and neat.
He makes some great eggs too!
Even the maintenance staff is very helpful, one fellow helped me out
with my car!
You definitely feel safe here too, very important issue for sure.
The only beef I could say I had was that they as yet have not
put in flat screen TV's. But I understand that is coming in a few months.
So I guess if that is my only negative....what do I have to complain about!
As I look back over what I wrote it looks like I am an employee of the hotel!
I can assure you I am not!

Room Tip: If you have you have your laptop with you make sure you are on the pool side of the building. Better...