“Nice place to stay”

Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed two nights...very comfortable...our room had two double beds and a pull out sleeper sofa. We were travelling with a bball team so this worked out great. Lots of space. Large flat screen moveable tv. Only complaint was the loudness of the aircondioning coming on and off. Best thing was the breakfast. Go there early though. 7-10am but found closer to 9 it was too busy and plates were all gone. They had sausage,eggs,french toast,biscuits and gravy...a variety of everything and it was all great not your standard hotel breakfast. My fav was the starbucks coffee and if you go up to the little bar area and ask nicely they will put in some shots of caramel or other flavoring FREE...It was awesome! The breakfast attendant was great also. Front desk was very nice upon check in as well. Pool area was decent too.Got this room on top secret 3 star hotwire for $80night with tax!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay on first floor...you will hear elevators and breakfast bar!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Classy place to stay! Shout out to Chris, the night manager, who went above and beyond. Thanks Chris! The rooms are spacious and comfortable. They have a nice selection of wine and food downstairs. One of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Chad N
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, however, it was pretty far from Orlando. AS far as the hotel, the staff was super nice, breakfast was more than decent, and the rooms were spacious and enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2014

this was an excellent stay, very clean comfortable large rooms with great beds & pillows and air conditioning was perfect.The breakfast was good and enough. The staff was excellent. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I had a reservation to stay here for a soccer tournament. When I arrived, the girl at checkin was pleasant, until there was a problem. My reservation was for a Fri-Sun stay. I had cancelled the Fri night stay 2 weeks prior to my reservation. As I was trying to checkin, I was informed my reservation was cancelled due to a no show on Fri. I pulled up my email to show her the cancellation. She called the manager who could NOT be located for approx 10 minutes. When he was finally located, he reeked off cigarettes and was extremely rude. He told me he could NOT help me. Other members of my soccer family complained of the hotel as well with no resolve. I wouldn't give this hotel my business EVER. The manager needs to take some lessons on how to treat and speak to people. Awful!!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Caraferg
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is the 2nd time I have been disappointed with Hyatt Place. However, the staff was extremely nice and attentive. The beds are uncomfortably small, creaky and squishy. The "fitted sheets" are without elastic, and slide out of place each time one tries to turn on a super small bed. The word "double" is for 1 adult 1 child. Not sure I need to give Hyatt Places a 3rd try.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank creeksideJ
Reviewed April 30, 2014

From the reviews I read on Tripadvisor we decided to give it a try since we were going to LEGOLAND. We were not disappointed at all. I was with my family of four (two boys, 6 & 4) and my In-laws. We had two rooms and they were really nice. The morning breakfast was good no complaints there or any where else for that matter. The staff is such a friendly staff. Wherever we were in the hotel someone was always saying hi or asking if we needed anything. Since our boys wanted to stay with their grandparents one night my husband and I decided to check out the bar. It's small, but it was so nice to get out and talk to adults. lol (I'm a stay at home mom). The bartender was very nice and made excellent drinks and the conversation with the staff was fun. I wish we could have stayed longer than two days.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family