There are some great things about this hotel and just a couple of negatives, but one negative is BIG.
The positives are:
* Great beds! So comfortable!
* Quiet hotel
* Comfy furnishings in the rooms and in the common areas
* Very friendly staff
* The breakfast was AWESOME! Many choices and well prepared food
* A small fitness room was great for helping us burn off some of those breakfast calories
* Decently clean rooms
The negatives? Well, it seems there may be some maintenance issues of which the staff seems to be aware. It looks as though they are in the process of remodeling (although the areas being remodeled are sealed off and we were not inconvenienced by that at all), so maybe these issues will be resolved soon, but you should be aware of them.
* The air conditioning in the 2 rooms we were in did not work properly. The weather was unseasonably cool during our stay and yet, we had periods of time wherein in was uncomfortably warm in our rooms. Both a/c units in both rooms had the same problem. They would run for a while and then shut off, but not like the on and off cycle that occurs when you set a temp to auto control. These would just not resume cooling after a period. When the unit WAS running, it was not as cool as you might expect. This problem, for us, created a night of constantly interrupted sleep. I said something in the morning. I was not told this was something occurring regularly when I said it, nor did the gentleman I mentioned it to seem very concerned. In fact, out of the entire staff with whom we had interaction during our stay, this gentleman was the only one I considered not very friendly and yet, I believe he may have been management. Anyway, he said he would send someone up to look at it. As we soon found out, it was not fixed.
This is Florida. We live in this beautiful state. Properly functioning a/c, to me, in a hotel, should be a given. In my mind, if a room doesn't have properly functioning a/c, it negates the good things.
The other maintenance issues were minor such as wallpaper peeling, the exercise machines not being clean, no cleaner or disinfectant with which to wipe down the equipment, those kinds of things.
I chose to give this hotel 4 stars because it really does so much right. Hopefully, we'll see these a/c units fixed and some of the items that need repair being handled and this Hyatt will be 5 star worthy!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Travelocity so you can book your Hyatt Place Lakeland Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Lakeland Hotel Lakeland
- Lakeland Hyatt