“Management lacks professionalism”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Paris
“Management lacks professionalism”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My family and I arrived in Lakeland one evening and checked in at the Hyatt Place. The man on duty quoted us a rate and we accepted. When we were presented with the bill, the rate was $100 higher than was quoted to us. When I complained, the manager told me that the person on duty was an "hourly employee" and I should not have believed him. I was shocked that a manager would suggest that "hourly employees" somehow lack integrity. I asked her if it was his job to check people in and she told me it was but he was not to offer discounted rates. In an effort to appease me, she told me that she would reprimand him. Totally unprofessional. I would beware of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Arrived at the Hyatt Place for a cheerleading competition. Had made reservation for 2 dbl beds with sleeper sofa due to family of 5. When we arrived they apologized and said they only had a King room for us. Really? King room for family of 5. My daughter had to sleep on the cushions from the sofa. I have never experienced this in any hotel and I travel frequently. Manager would not do anything to rectify the situation. She suggested we stay at the Hampton inn down the street 3 miles, as they had 2dbl beds. And how exactly does that resolve the situation. Same amount of beds? We will never stay at this location again. I do not recommend this place to ANYONE!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Canes4life
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Plenty of room to spread out, accomodations include living room and bedroom, very convenient to events at the Lakeland Center, very comfortable beds, very nice service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Orleans
Reviewed January 12, 2012

From the time we entered the lobby the service was outstanding. This is a beautiful and friendly hotel. I own a hotel and am very comfortable staying here. I would highly recommend this hotel especially for the proximity to the Lakeland Center.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've been staying here a week a month for the last 14 months. The staff is warm and friendly, and very accommodating. The rooms are suites with plenty of room to move around and even hang out. The complimentary breakfast is typical yet tasty, and they never run out of food. The menu-ordered food is freshly made any time of the day or night, and great tasting. Free parking but it gets congested in the area when there is an event at the convention center (right next door to the hotel). Ask the hotel for any coupons for free appetizers or drinks at some of the many great restaurants in the area. Sometime you just need to show your room key.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2011

When planning trips involving many people there are always glitches and changes. Michael and Lynette were so very gracious in answer the "beforehand" question with patience. For us as with many companies you want the very best for your people without breaking the bank. Hyatt Place Lakeland center did this for us.

Upon return our group of over 60 had nothing but good things to say about their stay. The size of the rooms, the courtesies shown, the great food were all comments heard repeatedly. Would we use Hyatt Lakeland again?? Most certainly we would in a heartbeat!!!

Room Tip: I don't think you could choose a "bad" room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Jupiter
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The first thing that comes to mind with this hotel is spacious. Traveled with my husband and teenage son (visiting a college) - the room was huge! We had a sleeping area with 2 queen beds and a large living room area with a pullout and kitchenette. The decor was nice in the rooms - but the lobby was really lovely. Free breakfast was the usual powdered eggs...but overall we would definately stay again,

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family