$121
$110
Hampton.com
Travelodge by Wyndham Lakeland(Lakeland)(Great Value!)
$87
$89
Hyatt.com
$89
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

Ecco Suites(Lakeland)(Great Value!)
$80
$109
GardenInn.com
All reviewswafflesstay at la quintasteak and shakeroom was cleanstores and restaurantseasy accessbiscuits and gravyright next doorfree breakfastconvenient locationstaff was friendlythe breakfast areapetsihopfloridacerealmall
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We stayed at this hotel twice in October due to a family situation, once for 6 days, and once for only 2. Here are the positives: The front desk staff at this hotel are simply wonderful. They are gracious, smiling and helpful. The breakfast is adequate and the location is very convenient, being just off I-4.
We have stayed at this hotel for the past 4 years and have always been pleased.

The first visit in October has some housekeeping issues (lack of towels, cups and the bathroom was not cleaned at all), which was unusual. We reported this to the desk and for the next four days we had no problems. The room was done perfectly. Some of the confusion resulted from the housekeeping staff saying we had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door; and while the next room to ours did have one, our sign was inside our room the entire day. But, as I mentioned to Jonathan at the front desk, sometimes "kids do pranks." He did indicate that there had been some housekeeping issues. We left a gratuity for the maid service. The second time (after the first night there), we stopped back in the room around 1 p.m. and our room was not done. As there was no housekeeping staff on the floor, we inquired at the desk and were told the room would certainly be done. Upon our return that night, the room had never been touched. When my husband went to the desk to obtain fresh towels, cups, laundry bag, etc., the desk clerk said there had been complaints about the housekeeping.

As there was a letter in our room inviting guests to call the General Manager about situations in the room, I did so. I was trying to give him information, but he became so verbally abusive that it was impossible to have a civil conversation with him. He told me that "there has never been one complaint about this hotel until YOU." While he offered to move us, his verbal abuse was so upsetting that I did not care what he said (even when he mentioned that he had been the General Manager for the past three months only).

I came away with three impressions: (1) Since he became Manager, this property has deteriorated; (2) if I am going to be attacked for expressing a problem, then I simply do not want to do business with this hotel chain and (3) if anyone stays here, just make it for one night and you never have to worry about the housekeeping.

I know it is difficult to find hotels that accept pets and this hotel does attract pet owners.

When I told the General Manager we would just check out the next day and move "across the street" (to the Comfort Inn), he said, "Fine!" (which we did with no issues) While I realize this is NOT a Hampton Inn or a Country Inn and Suites, I still believe that you should have a room that is clean and that the corners aren't full of cat hair. This is simply so unfair to the Hotel desk staff who do such a terrific job. In this economy, we have many options - next time we are opting for one of the many other hotels.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ninjaqueen
EHerrick, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland West, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2011

Dear Ninjaqueen,

I'm so glad that we were able to work out our misunderstanding, hopefully you have also received the letter I sent you. I was sure to speak with housekeeping about the issues you encountered and we have taken steps to make sure that it does not happen again. If you ever need anything, please feel free to call. I hope that next time you are in Lakeland you will come back and see us!

EH

Reviewed March 26, 2010

Very good location at the interection of I-4 and US 98. Good parking lot with plenty of room. Very well kept, clean outdoor pool. Elevators are at each end of this 6 story hotel. Elevators are all the same - painfully slow.

Hotel is showing wear and the upkeep is starting to lag a bit but still shouldn't drive you away. Average continental breakfast available from 6-9 a.m. Staff is very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank northernRaven
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We stayed at La Quinta the last week of Feb 2010. The hotel was totally booked as there seemed to be many sport events going on. The hotel is clean. Breakfast is a plus, especially when travelling with hungry teens. We had several rooms, but the cleaning people didn't show up until 3:00 PM.

Steak and Shake across the street open 24 hours and good for midnight cravings. Elevator (only one from what I could see) is a bit slow and it can take a while when you're on a higher floor. Cleaning ladies use it too. Movie theather a few blocks away. Golden Corral (all you can eat buffet for approx $10) a few blocks away.

Overall a nice, clean hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ldelgado002
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Often stay at La Quintas across the country, but found this one to be a cut above the rest. The architecture is different in that it has many angled walls and gets away from the boxy regular hotel look. The lobby and breakfast eating area is large and has a fountain. The breakfast quality is identical to the fine simple La Quintas breakfast with waffles. The area was kept constantly clean by an employee.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarcoHomes
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I so love staying at the LaQuinta. I went down there to visit a friend and I found out that it is so acessible to anywhere you wanted to go. The freeway was very close by.. Restaurants within walking distance.

The room was very clean. It was virtually spotless. I shared a room with my younger sister and my mother. We had plenty of space.

The staff was fantastic! They were nice enough to print out directions to local events that we were interested in. They helped answer all of our questions and then some we wouldn't even think to ask. They gave us tips and anything you could think of.

The stay couldn't have been better. The room was comfortable and I felt very safe at night even though it was just us girls

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family