“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Gainesville, Florida
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ross and Anna are excellent staff at this hotel. The rooms are clean and medium size. Pool and spa are clean. There is fee for dogs and cats. After check out Ross even allowed my family to bring back a lunch and eat under the gazebo. The breakfast is yummy.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and medium size.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 01sandy01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

good stay, overall. there was no shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom and the continental breakfast was nothing exceptional. but, for the price it was adequate. i have stayed there before and my experience was about the same both times.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Kyle M
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Getting rooms for family members coming in for a funeral is never easy. These folks worked with us and made a bad situation as good as it could be. They worked to get extra cahirs in the one suite so all family members could gather at night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Stephanie R
Dyserth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

What a place to stay...clean, GREAT bed, great staff, great rates & central to most areas of Florida being literally on the junction of I-4 & hwy 98! Loads of local places to eat too!
Will definately be recommending it to others!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hovver
Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived to our room we were surprised to find no mini fridge or microwave. I don't think I'd ever stayed in a la quinta with no fridge or microwave. It was upsetting because my son drinks special formula that needs to be refrigerated and on top of that he won't drink it cold. My inlaws were staying in the room next door. When they left to meet friends they mentioned this to the front desk and were told the staff would try to round up those things. I didn't think much about it but when we returned from an outing those appliances were not only in our room but the fridge was running and already cold for us. That made me very happy.

The other problem we had was that I left my memory foam pillow behind. I didn't realize it until the evening of the morning we had checked out. I called in a panic and asked them to give the pillow to my mother in law. But housekeeping had already gone for the day (this was a Friday). Anyway this pillow issue turned into a real mess and was not resolved until Monday - it was a mess of confusion involving misunderstandings and people off for the weekend. But the important thing here is that it DID get resolved. Since my inlaws had already checked out by Monday when the pillow was unlocked from lost and found the hotel fed exed my pillow to me at their expense.

Overall the hotel was clean - the outside was a little dirty but there is heavy construction going on nearby (a huge new shopping center) so that shouldn't be held against them. The pool was clean and refreshing. Breakfast was good - I like to stay at la quinta because of the breakfasts. Beds were comfortable. There wasn't much noise (we carry a white noise machine with us but without it we wouldn't have been bothered by noise). The staff was friendly and helpful. The manager handled the pillow fiasco with honesty and grace and that was very important.

Problems happen. I don't get upset over problems. It's what's done for the problems that counts and this la quinta resolved both issues satisfactorily. I would recommend them and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Maweezy
Lakeland, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Right off I 4 this La Quinta in was a pleasant experience and definitely worth the value for the room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean. In a few months when the construction of the mall area is completed this will be a fantastic location for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business