$122
$110
Hampton.com
Travelodge by Wyndham Lakeland(Lakeland)(Great Value!)
$63
$115
$104
Hampton.com
$89
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Ecco Suites(Lakeland)(Great Value!)
GardenInn.com
$93
$99
$89
All reviewswafflesstay at la quintasteak and shakeroom was cleanstores and restaurantseasy accessbiscuits and gravyright next doorfree breakfastconvenient locationstaff was friendlythe breakfast areapetsihopfloridacerealmall
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Very dog friendly hotel. The staff was awesome, always helpful, thoughtful and kind. We stayed for 9 days while my child attended summer camp. Dog owners are placed on the ground floor a few rooms from the rear door. Clean pool & hot tub both small. Breakfast was great with waffles, yogurt, cereal, muffins, hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, oatmeal, coffee, juice, milk and fruit each day. Close to the mall and other shopping. Walking distance from some shopping, Steak & Shake and gas station with a quick mart. We stayed in a room with king size bed and pull out sofa all very comfortable. We picked this room because it had a microwave & refrigerator. The room was clean, smelled good, not that musty hotel smell. Toiletries were minimal. The shower was fair. The road leading away from the hotel was great for dog walking. There was a basic work out room. All of the equipment was well used, yet functional. I only used the treadmill and bike both were fine. There was a nice lobby and other outdoor seating. The hospitality of the place made our long stay outstanding. We also go a good on line deal. I called the hotel several times before making my reservation each call included helpful and excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for the king plus room not a change in price same size with pull out sofa or no charge roll away bed.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank m_g33704
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I guess that the pinhead that runs this hotel will get his bonus for the third quarter. The room I checked into would not cool down below 72 so I changed rooms. The Front Desk clerk admitted that a contractor was on site that afternoon to work on the HVAC. The next room I had also never cooled down below 72. Talk about penny wise and dollar foolish.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank bizadvisor
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I was worried about staying at a La Quinta because I have this image of "older" hotels" in my mind. I chose to stay at the Lakeland La Quinta anyway because they accepted pets.
I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. It looked as good as any new hotel, was in an easily-accessed location, and was at a great price.
I was thrilled with how big and how clean the room was. I was also happy with the ability to sign right on to the wifi. Breakfast was included but I did not participate.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank FruitCoveRitzy
EHerrick, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland West, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Lakeland. We hope next time your in town you will come back and see us!

Edward Herrick

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Came to Lakeland to see the airshow. We were travelling with our dog so we needed to check in early so she could stay in the room while we went to the airshow. It was only 12:30 and my room choice was not yet available but the Front Desk Manager very eagerly abliged my early check in request and got a room cleaned/readied in less than 30 mins. Very accomodating customer service! The room was overly large, clean, and nicely decorated. The beds were soft and comfortable, made for a great nights sleep. Didn't get up early enough to have complimentary breakfast though. The breakfast area was large with a water fountain in the middle. Didnt get the chance to use the pool either but it looked refreshing and the surroundings clean. I used the washing machine and dryer locted on the 3rd floor and my son used the work-out room. The price was a great value and their pet acceptance policy is a big plus when you have to travel with your canine companion. The location is great, right off I-4 with multiple resturants nearby. We ate at I-HOP right next door. I'm a bit of a "hotel snob" so my liking this hotel speaks volumes. I would definately recommend this hotel to others and would stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: I used AAA discount
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank NeedsNiceRoom
EHerrick, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland West, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review about your stay. I'm glad to hear my staff took care of you and that you were happy with your room. We hope to see you again for next year's Sun and Fun!

Edward Herrick

Reviewed March 9, 2011

I picked up a red and green hotel coupon book at a florida rest stop and found a better rate than my AAA. I stayed 3 nights $65 plus tax (7.80), Lobby nice and clean ... front desk staff friendly. I requested nonsmoking room (I don't think I got one) The smell of air freshener was overbearing. Luckily, the window open so I was able to get fresh air. The room definitely needed new carpet (stains and tear) rm 306. No bugs. Bathroom was clean. Towels and bed linen clean. I could hear the interstate in the distance but not loud enough to keep me awake (request odd # rm to avoid hwy noise). It seems the Comfort Inn across street received a better review from my friend and Ramada Lakeland (stayed 3 days last week) better carpet and no foul deodizer smell. (On my return trip Ramada would NOT honor 3 nights 20% off internet coupon so the rate was $89 plus tax) Continental breakfast good, If needed, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank zena0000
EHerrick, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland West, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Dear Zena0000,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I'm glad you were able to get a great deal using our coupon! Requesting an odd numbered room is also a great tip for those who are a little more sensitive to the road noise. The carpet in 306 was recently changed, and I will make sure I bring your issue of the air freshener to the attention of the Housekeeping Manager. Next time your in town, we hope you choose us again!

EH