“Lovely hotel with charm galore!”

Lakeland Terrace Hotel
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Rhoadesville, VA
“Lovely hotel with charm galore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed three nights at this property, ate dinner once in the grill and enjoyed breakfast twice. The food was wonderful, although a bit pricy. The service is impecable at the grill and the hotel staff are great as well. Free valet parking is a plus. The southern charm of this lovely hotel is everywhere. The veranda, with the ceiling fans spinning, was just a perfect spot for having drinks, an appetizer, and friendly conversation. We stayed on the 9th floor, and our room was very well appointed, but small. Have to keep in mind that this hotel was built in 1924. The king bed was extremely comfortable and the wooden shutters on the window were a very nice southern touch. We did hear the train once or twice, but weren't bothered by it at all. If we return to Lakeland, FL, we will be staying at The Terrace Hotel for sure!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank impalacon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Polish first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The good- The staff is absolutely excellent. Very responsive and concerned about the quality of your stay. The breakfast I had in the dining room was very good and the service was excellent. My bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.
However, I will never stay here again.
The bad- The hotel is about 2-3 blocks from the train tracks. Between 11 PM and 6 AM four trains came through all blowing their horns through each intersection with a city street and there are many. I did not sleep at all for two nights I wish I had followed the example of friends and had goteen snoggered in the bar before going to bed.
The televison had 1950's reception. The hallway was unheated and freezing.

Pretty hotel and nice staff, but...

Room Tip: You can try a room on the other side of the hotel away from the train tracks, but if it is a weekend...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Jegolf20
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Attention to detail pays off. Friendly helpful staff. Room was fine, no complaints. Breakfast menu was a delight with real maple syrup, and food prepared as I love it. Free coffee in lobby was actually quite good. What a pleasant surprise. Outstanding overall in my book. The little things count!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Folkslinger
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice accommodations. Soft king size bed old tv no frig or microwave. Great free valet parking out front. Friendly check in. Had to move from room and got another without question. Walking distance to town for a wider variety of cultural activities
Restaurants, bars coffee shops and pizza shops. Nice exercise room. Nice change from the chain hotels.

Stayed January 2013
Lakeland, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I haven't stayed at the Terrace, but my sister did for her wedding, and we got ready in her giant suite. The staff was friendly and helpful, and there was plenty of room for us to get dressed! Plus our room was facing Hollis Gardens (the wedding location), so we could look out the window and see guests arriving.

I've also been here for several lunches and dinners with my husband and friends. It's always delicious, although a little pricey. Don't come here if you're on a budget for dinner!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at the Terrace hotel for business two nights recently, as someone who travels so often I quite frequently forget which time zone i'm in, I was disappointed with the room I was in it was pretty outdated.I have not seen a box t.v in years and it didn't have a fridge or microwave which comes standard in almost all hotels but here you has to request it which is a little ridiculous, but on a positive note the location was fantastic and I was so impressed with the service.Its mostly very attractive college looking kids that were working.The restaurant was amazing.I was meeting some business associates for dinner and we started the night off in the bar where we met Toni the cute young bartender who made one of the best sangria's I've ever had, she was friendly and professional and really knew her stuff and even though it was quite busy in the bar she was very attentive.After we had our drinks we moved into the restaurant to have dinner.We were sat at a nice window table and we had a top notch server named Brittany,who also really knew her stuff, she was a true professional she kept our drinks full, checked back on us during every course and was extremely efficient.I had the crab cakes which were perfect,even better than the ones i've had in Maryland seriously!! One of my associates is beyond picky its almost impossible for a server to get every little detail perfect for him but Brittany exceeded even his expectations.When I walked my associates out to the valet stand the young man which was one of the only names I didn't catch had their cars ready in moments and was also very friendly.So in summary to my novel the service was 5 star, but the hotel needs some updates so on my next trip to lakeland I will probably stay somewhere else but definitely come for dinner and drinks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is rated on the national registry of historic places, so that will tell you a little of the character. There is a free valet service when you arrive. The front desk is not the most friendly, they seemed distracted when checking in and offered no details without being asked. The rooms were of fair size with flat screen televisions and a nice selection of coffees and teas available. The fitness center had some decent equipment. The breakfast was nothing to speak of - simply pastries, coffee and limited fruit. I didn't go to their restuarant, as there were a number of options that seemed to be a better value within a very close walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business