Lakeland Terrace Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$151
$98
$130
$119
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lakeland East(Lakeland)(Great Value!)
$72
Ecco Suites(Lakeland)
$98
$95
Travelocity
All reviewsmirror lakehistorical hotelterrace grillfree valet parkingfull service hotelgreat downtown locationold floridasitting roomrooms are smallwalking distanceolder hotelcontinental breakfastsuitesophiadanishnightlifecollege
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My room was not made up when I returned from work the first day. I was promptly told that I would have to wait for the housekeeping staff to return in the morning before my room could be made up. The coffee pot had not been cleaned from the previous (or who knows how far back) guests and looked like a germ infested petri dish. And to top it all aff, I was made to feel like it was all my fault and too bad for the night. Be careful for the lower soap dish in the bath as you could end up with a concussion with it hitting you in the back of the head when sitting down in the bath
Last time here or in this group of hotels.

Room Tip: Different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael K
Bruce D, General Manager at Lakeland Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to correspond with us regarding the awful service you received in the hotel on August 21, 2012. The treatment you receive by the housekeeping and the front desk staff was inexcusable. Your comments are very helpful. Please accept my apologies for your experience.

When we make mistakes or do things incorrectly it’s very helpful to have our valued guests take the time and effort to advise us. For your efforts to help us correct our deficiencies we are sincerely grateful.

Mr. Klew, the oversight by the room attendant should have been handled much differently by the front desk clerk who received your call subsequent to the housekeeping department leaving for the day. I sincerely apologize for the service you received.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you return I would very much like to meet you and express my gratitude for your efforts on our behalf in person.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very nice hotel with a great staff. This is one of those rare hotels that exude a time from the past when all things were of a "grand scale". The architecture & appointments of the hotel & restaurant (Terrace Grille) were all something to marvel upon. Such craftsmanship that is now rately ever seen in any new hotels. A quiet, elegant (without being stuffy) comfortability is what yhou will experience during your stay at this grand hotel.

Terrace Grille staff (Jessica, April, Sofia & Haydee) all were accommodating and welcoming during the stay. The restaurant quality was excellent.....some of the best meals that aI have had during my many travels.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a great view of Mirror Lake. I enjoyed the occasional train whistle from the nearby tracks.....if that concerns you....ask for an appropriate room facing away from.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Erica J, Director of Sales at Lakeland Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

I first want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We
are thrilled to know that your experience was satisfactory and the service
was up to par. It is our goal to provide comfortable accommodations with
great service and we are excited to hear that we delivered! We look forward
to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed the night when in town for a wedding and it was enjoyable. Old school charm with very nice clean rooms. The suite was reasonably priced and spacious. Clean and had all of the things we needed. THis is not a new holiday inn suite and it should not try to be. The interior spoke of times long ago. The elevator was super small but was part of the experience. THe staff were very nice and professional and having a valet added a bit of old time class to the place. some of the reviews seem negative but we travel a bit and like to find these little gems to stay in when we have the time. Cookie cutter suites are great when rushing through a place but when we can we like to do business with places like this that have personality. The rooms were dark for the night and we did not hear anything including the rain storm that came through. The only inconvenience was that the ice machines are not on every floor and no vending machines for that late at night soda. That I could find anyway. BUt we would stay there again if in Lakeland.

Room Tip: The suite was wonderful and set up well. Very roomy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! It
is our goal to provide all our guests with clean and comfortable
accommodations, as well as, a classic experience. I am glad to hear you
enjoyed the complimentary valet service provided and the quiet rooms. We do
apologize for the inconvenience due to the lack of an ice machine on every
floor and no vending machines. If ever in Lakeland, we would be honored to
have you stay with us again!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

we booked a room at this hotel for a weekend, between the very loud train that passes by ALL night aprox every 2 hours no sleep and then street traffic there is no rest in this place. The rooms are very small one elevator and it was out of service for quite a while the office staff were not very receptive ..ok the room was clean! but nothing else good to say and overpriced for the area

Room Tip: make sure room is in quiet area
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about the Terrace Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as wonderful as it should have been.

I would first like to apologize for the train and city noise you experienced. If you are able to return to the Terrace Hotel, please allow us to upgrade you to a suite located in a part of the building where train and city noise cannot be heard.

I would also like to apologize for one of our elevators being out of order during your stay and that the staff did not make you feel as though it was a priority. We pride ourselves on providing the best service you can find in the area and we will be sure to look further into this matter.

I hope you will allow me the opportunity to show you what the Terrace Hotel can truly offer. Please feel free to contact me directly if ever in the Lakeland area again.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My partner decided to surprise me for my birthday and the staff helped out a lot. When we went to eat they set up flowers and fruit, chocolate and cheese platters in the room. The bed was very comfortable and the view over Lake Mirror was fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple