“Best Chinese buffet in Lakeland.”
Review of Ling's Buffet

Ling's Buffet
Ranked #52 of 456 Restaurants in Lakeland
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Want to eat until you are stuffed? Go to Ling's in Lakeland, their variety is amazing, their food delicious, my son swears by their sushi bar - and he spent 11 years in Alaska.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Lings as a Chinese buffet is above average in both price and food quality. The crab legs on Friday are done well and the sushi bar is a small but really decent selection. We sat a party of 8 and spent less than $200 including alcohol. All of the food is fresh and constantly being refilled on the buffet. The flavors are good without too much salt in the prep. The shelled seafood is abundant on the cold bar and do not have a fishy smell. They also make some of the best kimchi I have had at a restaurant that wasn't Korean. If you have a group with varied food tastes or acceptance then this is a good spot. They even pull off American carb and fries fare well so the kids will like it. They have some of the best fried chicken in the area according to the kids. Lol

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Chinese buffets seem to be either really bad, or really good. Ling's is definitely one of the better buffets we've tried, and by the looks of the packed house the day of our visit, a lot of people agree with us. Everything looked very clean, and the staff was friendly. Everything tasted fresh and delicious. The only problem was there was no way you could possibly try everything that looked good. My favorites were the fried shrimp, peppered shrimp, and hibachi chicken. There was something for everyone. The price was also reasonable for the quality and variety of the food. The next time we are in the area, we'll go back to Ling's for sure.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Host in FL announced decision about dinner. I like Chinese, but I'm very picky. Then buffet only. So, I walked without a plate, as my cousins filled initial plate. They had huge Sushi area. Not my thing, but neighboring table seemed to love it. Grill area looked amazing. You add ingredients & pick from 8-12 sauces. My cousin's plate looked wonderful. That seemed like too many decisions for me at the time - then too full. They even had prime rib & crab legs, that my cousins raved about. I was in FL for seafood, so I enjoyed a shrimp feast. I had 4-5 different types. Of my, amazing! I couldn't believe. Everything was fresh & so well prepared. The butter shrimp, the jalapeno shrimp, the shrimp with noodles - I wish I could get these in OR. Staff were also very attentive to filling my water glass, and clearing plates. Salad & fruit area looked very fresh. They do have desert area that seemed rather varied - not an area too well visited, except by children [observation]. Then, I was; I wonder what this will cost me? Less than $20. Amazing! I will ask to go back next visit.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Not enough common Chinese food on the buffet. Prime Rib always overdone, tasteless . Always waiting for entrees for the buffet to be brought out. Worst Chinese Ribs ever tasted. Tuff PORK all the time. Tasteless soup. Wonton soup is awful.