“Everybody's gonna Ling....”
Review of Ling's Buffet

Ling's Buffet
Ranked #50 of 457 Restaurants in Lakeland
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is my in-laws FAVORITE seafood restaurant, even on days they don't emphasis seafood on the buffet.

The food is absolutely plentiful, mostly fresh and kept hot/cold as needed.
The atmosphere seems a bit heavy on the "cattle call" vibe as your party is quickly seated, drink orders taken. The buffet lines are not rushed but often crowded.
The servers are understandably a hovering hoard as they look to turn your seating area as quickly as possible for the next bunch of grubbers.

The price is not inclusive of drinks but considering the amount of food from which to choose, I am not complaining.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The food was horrible. They have "fresh" baked salmon and beef which both were over cooked and dry! The food on the buffet was typical buffet food and nothing to brag about. The sushi was mostly flavorless...can't figure out how they did that and presently I'm worried about food poisioning. I do not know who these people are that rated it good, excellent and very good are but they must be acustomed to McDonalds quality food. In short it was glamified dog food. Horrible. Disgusting to say the least. The "creamy ranch" was also disgusting...it had a very odd taste and nothing like ranch. Oh and they had a dish labled as Cashew chicken and it was pork. I can't eat pork and I spit that out. I tried 5-6 different things and everything was disgusting and the bottom of the pit quality. AND SO over priced I can not believe it. Three people, one 11 years old (the children cut off is 9) and it cost $51 with two waters and one soda. Even the pudding tasted watered down. How do you mess up pudding?The only positive this place has going for it is the wait staff are very good at their jobs. Either way hell will freeze over before I go near this joint again.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Such a great selection, and the Sunday lunch buffet has what the sea-foodies want! Sushi bar, oysters, crab legs, etc. Lots of Chinese fare, and even some pizza, roast, rolls, etc. Salad bar (not the greatest) and desserts (also average for Chinese buffet) but the restaurant is clean and the service is excellent!

1  Thank Kat N
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was looking for a good buffet and found some great food at Ling's. There was a wide selection of seafood including chilled peel and eat shrimp, black pepper shrimp, mussels, clams, crayfish, fried fish fillets, and other dishes. For dinner they also had snow crab legs and the server would bring you a cracker/pliers for the shells.

Traditional chinese dishes included mongolian chicken, beef with broccolli, moo goo gai pan, and lots of other beef, chicken and pork dishes. They had spring rolls and egg rolls, fried won ton, and several kinds of soup including won ton, egg drop and sweet and sour.

Although I didn't try the sushi, I noticed lots of diners were going there more than once and seemed to be enjoying the many selections. There was also a small selection of salads, fresh fruit, pudding, and the typical chinese restaurant desserts that always look pretty but usually aren't very sweet.

I saw some patrons with beer but I don't know if they offer wine. Soft drinks, hot and iced tea and coffee were also available.

Service was typical buffet service. They take away your used plates, refill your drinks, and bring you a bill. There were tables and booths, typical chinese decor and a private parking lot. Suitable for families and couples as well as anyone wanting a quick meal and an opportunity to sample a wide variety of foods.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I don't care much for buffets, Chinese or otherwise. However, my husband loves them so I tolerate them. This one is hands down the most clean one that I have been too. In addition, they have a good selection of items if you don't care for Chinese food. The food is always hot and they keep it coming when it's empty. The restaurant and the bathroom areas are clean -- which a lot of Chinese buffets are not!

Although we moved to California over a year ago, we usually have to stop in if we are in the area.