“Dirty and stale”

Cleveland, Ohio
“Dirty and stale”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Heard it was nice in the 80's
No upkeep or attention since then leaves it nasty shape
Dust. Bedbugs and general nastyness would keep me from coming back
No amenities except for the smallest soap bar and stalest ceral I have tried

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank tsavo303

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My church traveled to florida from new jersey and what can I tell you, we were "wowed" by the hotel. Jackie the hotel manager and her staff greeted us and made us feel like V.I.Ps. The price of the rooms were surprisingly cheap for the 5 star service we encountered. The junior suite included a living room, mini kitchen, queen bed and large spacious bathroom with a huge walk-in shower. The rooms were cleaned with pride daily by the housekeeping staff. We spent a good portion of our time at the pool which was also maintained very well by housekeeping. The hotel is close to a large variety of eateries. Whether you like an all american buffet (golden corral) or if you prefer the backwoods of florida (shanes rib shack) you will not be disappointed. You can never run out of dining and shopping option if you stay at this hotel. Imperial Swan has become my hotel of choice hands down! Finnaly, A week after returning to new jersey I missed sitting pool side at the imperial swan watching my family and friends having the time of there lives.
TLee
House of God

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank leeterance
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It is a great location, close to everything we needed, It was the staff that made our stay exceptional.  Every staff member was so very friendly and accommodating. The family enjoyed the rooms and pool. We have stayed here before and We will surely stay here again.  Turner

• Stayed June 2012
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Attended a Convention here. I'm the Planner. First encounter for a 7 story hotel was only 3 luggage carts to assist guests, then came the obnoxious rude manager, curt front desk staff, and no facility for a dinner board meeting that was planned. Bartender a jerk. Banquet Staff Awesome.

Room Tip: stay someplace else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Debbie S

Travelers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2012

A group of us stayed here over "Sun 'n Fun Fly In" for two weeks. When we first arrived, the staff was very nice. However, our rooms even though they were non-smoking all smelled of stale smoke. Half of the ice machines did not work in the hotel, only the 2nd floor. The electrical outlets looked as if small little shorts had been happening in them for quite some time. The WIFI worked intermittently. One night after a long day at Sun 'n Fun our team of people got back to the hotel at 10:00 PM. We needed to be up by 6:00 AM the following day. Every single one of our keys did not work to our rooms. Went downstairs to fix the problem and the two gals working at the counter could not figure out what was wrong. They had to get the tech guy in there who was 40 minutes away. He got there 30 minutes later (Thank you to him for driving fast!) and he did one thing and the machine that did the coding on the keys worked again. The gal at the desk told him thats what she did, but if she would have, the keys would be working. Finally got back into our rooms at 11:00 PM. Come to find out cleaning service hadn't come through half of our rooms. One of the rooms that was cleaned had a wet towel in the made bed. Another person of our team found a cockroach in their room. Our bathrooms were all outdated and filthy. The toilet seat was cracked and discolored. Shower was discolored as well.
The only redeeming factor of this hotel? Across the street from Panera. Had a great, affordable breakfast every morning. Even a later dinner a few times.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank MKA215
Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed there for 10 days in March of 2012. The staff was very helpful whenever needed anything. The room was very clean and spacious. There are many restaurants and shopping near by. Overall I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Cheshire, Connecticut
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed at The Imperial Swan last weekend to see my nephew play in the Junior College Tournament. I was pleasantly pleased by all the upgrades since my last visit. The flat screen TVs and freshly painted walls were wonderful and the new bedspreads were beautiful.
The big plus is the staff, everyone i encountered made me feel special and that my needs actually meant something. I travel quite a bit and this is where I will keep coming back to when I am in Lakeland and I will make sure my friends do as well.
Kudos to the management team that knows what we need and makes it happen. Maybe they should teach some of the bigbox hotels what customer service is.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple