“Don’t even think about it!”

Imperial Swan Lakeland
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Came down from up north with the wife and pretty much that's where the fun stopped. Check in was way much longer than I expected, front desk person did not smile or anything almost felt like I was dealing with a medicated robot that hated her job...what happened to the Floridian hospitality?? The hallway stinks, carpets looked dingy, was full of stains and in need of replacement. As I entered my room it was apparent right away that the room was used for smoking (asked for non-smoking room) and it smelled full of mold and pee. I complained to the front desk person, and I got a reaction like I was a crazy person from outer space. I asked to speak with the manager but was told he was not here even though I saw a guy in the back with the shirt and tie who completely knew what was going on but avoided me. I guess he could totally care less.
The TV and furniture was a throwback to the early 80's yucky - mattresses felt like I was sleeping on a bunch of coal, and the TV didn't even work half of the time.
We parked underground and noticed that the grounds was falling apart, very un kept, broken walls and need of repair, not to mention there was a pile of buried trash outside which was total eye sore. It looked like it was sitting there for years. This place is in real need of some TLC which is an understatement.
Do yourself a favour save your hard earned cash and don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Itech_Solutions
There are newer reviews for Imperial Swan Lakeland

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I stayed for a conference only because it was where the conference was being held. I have stayed in worse, but it certainly left a lot to be desired. The elevators were so noisy and you could hear them throughout the hotel no matter where you went and all night long. The dishes were set on the tables and they did not appear to be completely clean. The hotel was in some serious need of renovations, but the layout was not bad. The location had conveniences very close by and they had an excellent agreement with the Lifestyles fitness center just a few blocks up the road. I definately took advantage of that. The Wi-Fi was spotty, you could only get it in about half of the hotel and it didn't work in my room. The fridge and microwave in the room was a nice addition and were clean. They had the reservation under the wrong name and then could not even tell how many nights I had stayed when I checked out. And it is hard to imagine in today's security risks, however they actually printed the full credit card number on the receipts.

Room Tip: King suite wasn't that bad.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sui5te
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Somehow Priceline had given this hotel a 2 star rating, which should have been a 1 star. The hotel is about 15 years overdue for a major renovation. The mattress was terrible, both phones in the room didn't work, several lights were out, the hair dryer had been ripped off the wall, and the hallways smelled terrible. There were a lot of guests(?) just roaming the lobby and hallways as well. The desk attendant was responsive to addressing a few issues we had, but overall it was a lost cause. Stay somewhere else, as there are ample alternatives nearby.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hofftraveler
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I stayed at the Imperial Swan Hotel and Suites and it was the most horrible hotel I have ever stayed at. When you walk in the hotel to check in the front lobby is beautiful, but when you check in and get your room key the hotel changes a lot. The hallways yo take to your room smell like cat urine and other gross smells. The hallways to the room are also hot with no central air. Hello this is Florida...you need central air...and because of the you break out in sweat bringing your luggage to your room. When you open the door to your room your in for a very gross surprise. When my mother and I walked into our room it was very hot and smelled. The ac I had to turn on was dirty and black with mold in spots. The fire alarm in our room had a spider web on it...and the bathroom was scary. The bathroom had mildew all over the shower and tile. I went to the lobby and requested they thake the spider web down and scrub the bathroom. When my mother and I got back to the room the spider web was removed, but the bathroom was still gross. In the morning me and my mom and I went to Universal. When we got back late that night the hallway in front of our room and the carpet in front of our room was wet. When me and my mother went to request a new room, the front desk was rude. They made me walk back to the room to see if me and my mother caused the leak. I was so shocked to be treated this way. They finally determined it wasn't us and basically threw us a new room key for a different room. It was amazing that none of the staff helped us move our luggage into the new room. My mother has a pace maker and I have back issues so it was nice for me to have to move all of it. The new room was even nastier than the first. The ac didn't work right and our drain the shower was rusty. The shower also had black mildew everywhere. The ac was dirtier than the one in the other room. There was also black dirt by the funiture and around it. I have pictures to prove it. The hallway also had duct tape holding the carpet together. The carpet also had white stains on it as well. When I went to complain to the mananger I had to wait until 11:30 pm to speak to her. She was very unprofessional and rude. She walked in the hotel and promplty went to the bar to get her coffee. When my mom stopped her to speak to her she said we were rude that we wouldn't let her settle in her office. When I told her the many problems we had in the 2 rooms she did not want to hear it. She said that its not her fault I had so much luggage to move and sarcasticly said we don't have bell hops in this hotel. When I said what if my clothes had been by the water...she said they weren't so that isn't the point. Then I asked if we could have our money back for that night's stay, she said no because she and her staff helped us. She then promptly dismissed us and told is if we had a problem to check into a different hotel room. In conclusion, the staff is rude and unprofessional, they are inhumane, and the rooms make you want to vomit. If you want to ruin your trip and get a disease stay here! Oh...and when I checked out I saw a used condom on the floor. When I got home the next day I took 5 showers...I felt so gross from that place. Sorry for typos...typing from my blackberry. Oh...wish I could give this hotel zero stars because the hotel should be closed down...fixed and cleaned professionally...also fixed!

3  Thank bookgirl2584
Reviewed June 14, 2010

This hotel probably needs to be torn down. Out of the 3 elevators, the only 1 operating was so filthy, we didn't even want to touch the buttons. It smelled like hell, some sort of mixture of mold, pee and just filth. The lobby drinking fountain was missing the whole bottom half, adding to the feeling that the place is falling apart.
The matress was hard as a rock, the hardest I've even encountered. We kept our shoes on in the room the whole time. The shower/bath tub felt spongy, like it was rotting away underneath. It did look like the housekeeping staff does the absolute best with what they have to work with.
The drop tile ceiling had rust all over the aluminum strips, there were wires hanging out of one of the outlets. The chair had something sticky all over it and the ottoman had some crusty white spots down the side.
My husband asked the guy at the desk about internet, he was given an email address for tech support, failing to understand that you cannot email anyone without an internet connection. Luckily, I was able to sit right up against the window and use Panera Bread's signal from accross the road to access the internet.
Seriously, the only hotel stay that was more horrible than this was at the "Red Carpet Inn," but at least we knew we were staying at a dive motel that time. This one's website makes it look like a fairly nice place to stay, that is not the case!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anyrae75
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Old ripped mattresses, furniture falling apart, major renovation needed. Pool area is decorated with ripped and missing screen enclosure and faded painted murals making you question the quality of the pool water. Drive 2 minutes further to a better location and much better hotels. If you are looking for quiet this is not for you. If loudness and questionable characters are what your looking for then welcome home.

2  Thank Fivefromorlando
Reviewed May 16, 2010

this place was disgusting nothing in the room worked lights,jacuzzi tub was broken sheets were dirty etc.... sunday morning the alarm clock in the next room went off at 3am and continued to go off for and hour and a half. apparantly no one was in this room or they were dead. the pool was a beautiful green color yuck the temp was 90 degrees but no thanks.!!!! not very safe place to be either. DONT GO THERE

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple