“Good Hotel for the money”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Lakeland
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We got a super cheap rate, and you get what you pay for. We chose it for the breakfast which was to include hot items. The good news is, they had some type of sausage mix in a cream sauce to put over warm biscuits. Cold, hard boiled eggs- which tasted terrible, but at least they had some protein. They were having issues with the waffle makers. Apparently they don't use spray which makes the waffles stick. Good news is, the manager said she would start buying it herself to make things smoother. Room was clean, but outdated. The back parking lot was scary, and the front not much better behind a gas station, but we didn't have any problems. Pool was a bit green and had a lovely view of I-4. Staff was friendly and check-in and check-out were quick and easy. It appeared they are working on the landscaping as their were piles of branches everywhere around back. A little farther than we thought from the college, so probably wouldn't stay there again. Very convenient to I-4 if you are looking for that.

Room Tip: We chose a top floor room so no one was banging on our head, but were next to the icemaker, so you c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 3kids2013

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The outside looks rough and out of date but other then that everything was great! Check in was a breeze, we booked the king room and everything looked spotless! Air was cold, bed was really comfy! For a one night stay Id give this place a big thumbs up and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank 757dab
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel has not been updated since the 80's it appears and that includes the sheets and pillows. Rooms are outdated. Carpet and walls appear to be original. Don't use the back parking lot, looks like a prime place to get your car broken into. Grass not mowed, very deep grass.

There are cheaper hotels that are nicer. I stay in a lot of "cheap" hotels so its not like I was expecting the Hilton, but this is even poor for my taste.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank FL-roadtrip
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Upon arrival at this hotel I was a little concerned. The outside of the hotel is pretty rough looking. The room was quite clean though, and the bed was comfortable. I will say that it was a bit expensive for the quality, but there was a convention in town when I was there and blame the price on that. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast wasn't too bad, but there could have been a bit more of a selection. Overall, I thought it was pretty decent!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at this motel. It is a large property and I'm sure that the rooms vary, but ours, toward the back, was fine. There were 3 small cosmetic problems. There was a small burned spot on the carpet, which otherwise looked almost new, and a small spot on the ottoman. The bathtub could use some sealer around the top. While it was marked as a non-smoking room, there was a slight odor of stale tobacco smoke. Everything else was fine. The housekeeping services were excellent.

Our room was quite near I-4, but the noise was not a problem. When the a/c was off, the traffic noises were muffled. When it was on, we heard no traffic noise at all and the unit itself was not unusually noisy. We were not bothered by noises from adjoining rooms.

The breakfast room was huge and the offerings were what I would consider normal for this level of motel. Hot food was limited to biscuits and gravy and two waffle makers, both working. There was a nice selection of pastries, several dry cereals, three kinds of milk, bagels, bread for toast, coffee, juices, etc. Two attendants re-stocked the food regularly. There were apples and oranges, but no bananas.

The outside of the property, while it did not worry us, could use some sprucing-up. The front was OK but in the rear the shrubbery was ratty, at best, and there was a small amount of trash on the parking lot which was not picked up during our 5 night stay. Some exterior areas could use paint. On the bright side, the swimming pool looked clean and inviting, but we did not use it.

It was a little difficult to find the motel at first, but once we figured out the roads there was no problem. The restaurants in the immediate neighborhood were limited, but we found enough so that we did not need to go further afield for supper.

We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I guess we would have preferred to be on the front side. It is a two story building without an elev...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank George F
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hotel is old and needs repairs.While room was clean the air condition raddled loudly but at least it help coverup the noise from the interstate. Curtains were old and torn.The area around the buildings also needed attention. It was deffinately not worth the 109.00 a night charged.It was close to where I needed to be the next morning but next time I will drive further.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Theron G
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many many Quality Inn locations and this was by far the worst. The parking lot was totally empty when we arrived and I now know why! Do not let the website pics fool you. It is old, dingy, and in general yuck!
I seriously felt like I was going to be mugged walking to the room. There were tons of teens screaming and running around. I saw no adults period. And as I said earlier...no cars in lot so not sure where all these unruly people came from.
After I got to room I quickly retreated. There was no way I would stay here. My car was a better option. ..no kidding.
We called choice hotels and they found us a great room nearby. I will say that the fronkdesk was very nice. They gave us our money back with no problems.
So overall...service was good but that's it.

• Stayed: April 2013