“My experience was awesome.”

Texas Cattle Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas Cattle Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 457 Restaurants in Lakeland
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Main Street & S Lake Ave
Description: For over 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select USDA Prime and Choice, three year old grain-fed beef. We steer clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida citrus and oak wood. At Texas Cattle Company, our pledge is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing highly personalized service, signature steaks and the freshest seafood prepared to perfection. We ensure the most exceptional dining experience, leaving our guests with a desire to return for more!
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I love Texas cattle the service and food is normally great!! The waitress took her time with us and made sure our drinks was always refreshed and that we always had hot fresh bread.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Birthday outings at Texas Cattle Company is an annual affair because family, great food, and good times are what it is all about...
The birthday New York Strip with sautéed mushrooms are a superb combination!
Also, try the Sangria, awesome.
Hannah was our waitress this year (2014), she rocks!
Birthday outings are special, and they aim to please
Reservations are highly recommended

1  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just moved to Haines CIty from Indiana, and our dinner at Texas Cattle Company was the best ever!! We frequently eat at Ruth's Chris and St. Elmo's Steakhouse in Indianapolis, and your steak was superior to any meal we've eaten there!!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I share a birthday . We heard so many good reviews about this place so decided to try this place out. I guess we should have read some reviews instead of going by word of mouth. We we stuck in a corner when there was better tables available . The lighting was to dim making it hard to read the menu which one was missing a good part of it. The salad was made up of iceberg lettuce ; a few tomatoes and a ton of green olives. My husband had a stroke which he never recovered from ; he hates on special nights for me to cut up his food because he doesn't like my food getting cold. So we asked the server if they could cut it up. (Been to many places that has cut it up with no issues) She said she would have to ask came back and said she would have to do so at the table. When our food arrived the server that brought the food did cut the steak in very large chunks . I heard many other servers questioning why he was cutting the food . Also rude comments about it tasting better. It was so embarrassing !! Yes we tip over the normal tip for cutting the food. Oh as I said it was both of our birthdays. So at least one of us would get a birthday discount which is fine . I showed them my Id but it wasn't good enough because it was just a states id . I had to provide my email account just to get the discount. We again told them it was his birthday and they could have his drivers license . I guess part of the menu that was missing states to get the birthday discount it must be a Florida drivers license .

3  Thank naynay79
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Make sure you make reservations in advance because this restaurant is extremely popular with the local crowd. I've taken my husband and guests to the Texas Cattle Company on two occasions recently and we were all extremely pleased with the service, quality of food and the lively atmosphere of the restaurant! This is one place that should be visited in Lakeland! You will not be disappointed.