“Awesome Filet Dinners!”

Texas Cattle Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas Cattle Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 457 Restaurants in Lakeland
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Main Street & S Lake Ave
Description: For over 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select USDA Prime and Choice, three year old grain-fed beef. We steer clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida citrus and oak wood. At Texas Cattle Company, our pledge is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing highly personalized service, signature steaks and the freshest seafood prepared to perfection. We ensure the most exceptional dining experience, leaving our guests with a desire to return for more!
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Make sure you make reservations in advance because this restaurant is extremely popular with the local crowd. I've taken my husband and guests to the Texas Cattle Company on two occasions recently and we were all extremely pleased with the service, quality of food and the lively atmosphere of the restaurant! This is one place that should be visited in Lakeland! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We visit to celebrate family birthdays. We love the food and the service. The atmosphere is awesome.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Average food. Very over priced. Stay away from the salmon dish. Small, over priced. Cheap house salad. Common lettuce. No choice of dressing. Menu is very limited. Steaks are average quality. Steak fries are nothing more then quartered potatoes deep fried.

1  Thank LakelandAdvisor1
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We ate at Texas Cattle Company on my husband's birthday and had a fantastic meal. I ordered the small filet and he got the larger one. My steak was one of the best I have ever had! Their house salad is awesome, too. We both had two big bowls of it with the house dressing. The service was great and we only had to wait about 10 minutes. We had reservations. They do charge extra for baked potato but we opted for the creamy potatoes and they were delicious!

1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed April 15, 2014

First of all, you should definitely make a reservation if you wish to eat here. Having said that, that wasn't so easy to do. I called around 6pm but the phone went straight through to voice mail. I left a very detailed message with my name and number, requesting a table for the following day. I provided all pertinent details but nobody called me back. Called again the following afternoon and this time the phone was answered and I was able to make the reservation.

The food is always good here. It's a little pricey as all sides are charged as extras, but it is worth it for special occasions.

Beware of the "free" birthday steak though. Apparently this only applies for Florida residents. Odd policy and doesn't seem to encourage customers from other states or other countries to celebrate their birthday here. And I really don't understand the reason for this policy. Provided the customer has proper ID to prove day of birth, why does it matter where they live?!?!?