“The Ponderosa of Lakeland”

Texas Cattle Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas Cattle Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 446 Restaurants in Lakeland
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Main Street & S Lake Ave
Description: For over 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select USDA Prime and Choice, three year old grain-fed beef. We steer clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida citrus and oak wood. At Texas Cattle Company, our pledge is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing highly personalized service, signature steaks and the freshest seafood prepared to perfection. We ensure the most exceptional dining experience, leaving our guests with a desire to return for more!
Winter Haven, Florida
“The Ponderosa of Lakeland”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

If a romantic dinner is what you're after, I really can't recommend this restaurant... unless you're a Cartwright. The dated western theme is not very appealing. The noise level was very high. I ordered my steak medium-rare and it was a shade over medium. Not worth the hassle of pointing it out to their staff. Prices seem to be a little steep. All-in-all, the experience was marginal at best

Swartz Creek, Michigan
“Just terrible..”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you enjoy soggy salad, overly smoked meat (I think its to mask the artificial tenderizer flavor) and foreign objects in your food - this is the place to go. There was an obvious piece of plastic in the coating of our green fried tomato appetizer. It was brought to the waitresses attention. She said she'd notify the manager. We never heard a word from the manager regarding this. My husband had a veritable swimming pool of salad dressing in the bottom of his bowl.
Then our steaks arrived. I could only manage to eat less than a 1/3 of my filet due to the over smokey flavor. Same thing with my husband. It was such a shame to waste the beautiful cuts of meat.
When the waitress asked if we wanted our steaks put in a take out container and we declined, she didn't seem surprised at all that we did not want to take them.
I would not recommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank Nancy E
Lakeland, Florida
“Best casual steakhouse in central Florida”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great steaks in a casual plus atmosphere. Pricey but worth it. The quality of their steaks is only rivaled by Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa, IMHO.

Visited May 2012
Winter Haven, Florida
“VALENTINE'S DAY DINNER”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Sorry to say we were very disappointed on Valentines evening with our dinner out. We had a 6:00 reservation. We arrived 5:55. They were busy, but that was understandable as it was Valentines evening. We waited 25 minutes to be seated. We were a party of two and a party of two came in after us and got seated before us. OK we were seated (a nice touch is they gave my wife a red carnation being it was Valentines Day). We were seated at a booth table for 2 near the back in a dark section that just had 2 booth tables for 4 and one booth table for 2. It was dark because 3 or 4 light bulbs were out in the hanging lamp in the ceiling. The one booth for 4 had a couple seated at it and seemed almost finished with there meal. Then at the booth opposite from us, they sat a couple with a young child. We waited and waited. The table with the child had a waiter there in minutes. We were still waiting. Finally a girl comes over and says she was sorry but Mindy our waitress was tied up, and could she take our drink order. So we ordered something from the bar, and she said she would also bring us water. OK The water comes and we waited and waited and waited for our cocktails. FINALLY Mindy comes with our drinks. We said we needed to order right away do to the fact we had tickets for a concert at 8:00. We had enough time to read the menu 3 times over. So we knew what we were going to order long before Mindy showed up from being "tied up". Our salads came then the meal arrives from a server from the kitchen She asked us to cut into our steaks to make sure they are cooked right. They were fine. We started eating and my wife says this is not a porterhouse steak. We both ordered the same. At the same time Mindy comes to our table and said that's not a Porterhouse steak and my wife said that's what I just said. Then she says I that I am lucky because it's a bone in ribeye. We did not have time to send it back otherwise I would have. She did not even offer to fix the error. All she said I was lucky. So needless to say we did NOT have a good meal out for Valentines.

4 Thank ElaineandEd
Rockwall
“Fantastic - Jennifer and food great!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We had anawesome server -- Jennifer! Thanks
we had tiler, sirloins, shrimp, and scallops! All was cooked superb and well presented. Great Texas sizes and low prices made for a great meal.
Recommend all come down and enjoy!