“Best casual steakhouse in central Florida”

Texas Cattle Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas Cattle Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 457 Restaurants in Lakeland
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Main Street & S Lake Ave
Description: For over 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select USDA Prime and Choice, three year old grain-fed beef. We steer clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida citrus and oak wood. At Texas Cattle Company, our pledge is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing highly personalized service, signature steaks and the freshest seafood prepared to perfection. We ensure the most exceptional dining experience, leaving our guests with a desire to return for more!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great steaks in a casual plus atmosphere. Pricey but worth it. The quality of their steaks is only rivaled by Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa, IMHO.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Sorry to say we were very disappointed on Valentines evening with our dinner out. We had a 6:00 reservation. We arrived 5:55. They were busy, but that was understandable as it was Valentines evening. We waited 25 minutes to be seated. We were a party of two and a party of two came in after us and got seated before us. OK we were seated (a nice touch is they gave my wife a red carnation being it was Valentines Day). We were seated at a booth table for 2 near the back in a dark section that just had 2 booth tables for 4 and one booth table for 2. It was dark because 3 or 4 light bulbs were out in the hanging lamp in the ceiling. The one booth for 4 had a couple seated at it and seemed almost finished with there meal. Then at the booth opposite from us, they sat a couple with a young child. We waited and waited. The table with the child had a waiter there in minutes. We were still waiting. Finally a girl comes over and says she was sorry but Mindy our waitress was tied up, and could she take our drink order. So we ordered something from the bar, and she said she would also bring us water. OK The water comes and we waited and waited and waited for our cocktails. FINALLY Mindy comes with our drinks. We said we needed to order right away do to the fact we had tickets for a concert at 8:00. We had enough time to read the menu 3 times over. So we knew what we were going to order long before Mindy showed up from being "tied up". Our salads came then the meal arrives from a server from the kitchen She asked us to cut into our steaks to make sure they are cooked right. They were fine. We started eating and my wife says this is not a porterhouse steak. We both ordered the same. At the same time Mindy comes to our table and said that's not a Porterhouse steak and my wife said that's what I just said. Then she says I that I am lucky because it's a bone in ribeye. We did not have time to send it back otherwise I would have. She did not even offer to fix the error. All she said I was lucky. So needless to say we did NOT have a good meal out for Valentines.

4  Thank ElaineandEd
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We had anawesome server -- Jennifer! Thanks
we had tiler, sirloins, shrimp, and scallops! All was cooked superb and well presented. Great Texas sizes and low prices made for a great meal.
Recommend all come down and enjoy!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We go every year on our birthday, and sometimes to celebrate other occasions. I love the steaks, best I've ever had. Loaded potatoes are over the top good. The bread was better before they changed it, but still good. Try a blue rose of texas - it's a huge blue flaming margarita. Just a caution - when I go with a large party they struggle getting the steaks right sometimes, when we go as a couple it always turns out perfect.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

After reading other reviews I realized one ongoing theme. Great food too expensive and service too slow. I feel that on the surface that is true. However this is how I look at it. First of all this place embodies a time that dining was an experience not just a function. They assume you have come there with friends or family and want to spend some quality time talking and sharing a great meal. So the wait can be time to talk and not surf the smart phone. Next the price. I agree its expensive. And as far as the decor being outdated or shabby. I trully have never noticed. I have only looked at the steaks in the display case and into the eyes of my beautiful wife or my friends and family. I only make 36K a year with two kids. However I make it a point to go 1-2 times a year. Its a treat not a monthly outing. If I were more affluent I would go more often. Between the aged beef and the care that goes into making you the best steak in central Florida you have some expense involved. Stop looking at the wait times and the cost. This is an investment in yourself and your family. Quality time away from tv, internet, video games and daily stress. And anyone who compares these steaks to outback or any other chain place is insane. you trully do not what a great steak is supposed to taste like. Do yourself a favor go and if you have been before and were not impressed go again. I have been dozens of times over the last 30 years and have never regretted it.