“Unreal.”

Texas Cattle Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas Cattle Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 447 Restaurants in Lakeland
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Main Street & S Lake Ave
Description: For over 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select USDA Prime and Choice, three year old grain-fed beef. We steer clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida citrus and oak wood. At Texas Cattle Company, our pledge is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing highly personalized service, signature steaks and the freshest seafood prepared to perfection. We ensure the most exceptional dining experience, leaving our guests with a desire to return for more!
Winter Haven, Florida
“Unreal.”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

As the title of this review states, unreal. On 01/12/2013, we started our night out with our friends laughing and having a good time. We were seated promptly (at 7:00P.M. per our reservations) and our server was really pleasant. As we ordered our appetizer, the server advised us that we should order the sampler, which we did. Our appetizer came out about a half an hour later.

Approximately 20 minutes later, the server took our order, now we are looking at about 7:50 P.M. We didn't get our meal until after 9:00 P.M. By this time, we were not hungry for our $50.00 + meal. My wife and I took approximately 90% of our meal home in a box. My friends steak was burnt on the outside and cooked wrong on the inside. We asked to see the manager. The manger was an older lady, I can't remember her name, but she was absolutely no help. She tried to blame the event on the poor waitstaff who were waiting on several parties at once. She was unfriendly, slightly argumentative, and lacked the people skills to be in a management position. She appeared like she did not care if we were dissatified and that we were a bother to her.

The manager did remove the burnt steak from my friends bill and offered to have somthing "quickly cooked" to replace the scorched $50.00 steak. Being that we were full from waiting and consuming our appetizer and beverages, my friend declined the offer. We then requested our checks. It took approximately 44 minutes to get our checks processed. My check got mixed up with another party member and they charged my credit card. Now they have to reverse the charge and re-charge my card again, others in our party had issues with the their bills also.

We also addressed the mandatory 18% gratuity with the manager. We explained to her that we will gladly leave gratuity for the waitstaff, but given our experience, we feel that 18% is taking it too far. Our complaint was not even addressed by the manager, she still charged us the 18%. Overall, I DO NOT RECOMMEND TEXAS CATTLE COMPANY to anybody. The food was decent, but the manager spoiled the whole experience. If I'm going to pay nearly $100.00 for a meal, the manager should make sure that each customer has a positive experience. That means turning a bad experience into a positive one assuring a return customer. She failed. Im giving the service a "terrible" rating due to the manager. Bottom line, if you are in Polk County, and you are hungry for a awesome steak, go to Mannys Chophouse. The waitstaff is friendly (so was ours at Texas Cattle Company to be sure), the steaks are much better, you get unlimited salad and yeast rolls at a far better value. Don't waste your money at the Texas Cattle Company.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank maritimemongo

Lakeland
“Very good food”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The steaks are great, the girl who wait on you are great. The noise and singing for birthdays are a pain and wish they did not do that but the atomospher is great and fillet mignon is as good as you get in Lakeland area with noting added, hand cut, no fat, ummm goood One more thing to add it was the only place open late enough to eat on Christmas eve that I could find, the one thing I think they need to change is the only are open for lunch on the week end.

• Visited December 2012
Lakeland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“After many years a disapointment”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We decided to celebrate our 44 yr anniversery at the resturant. Have been going there for years and knew it would be good. Made reservation and as usual showed up a few minutes early. Went to bar ordered a drink. about 10 minutes later were showed to table. Just before we were seated observed a group of about 30 being seated and that may explain some of our not up tp par experience. Waiter showed up a few minutes later, gave us menus and left for water. When he returned with with water ( we already had drinks) I ordered alligator ( they cook the best gator in town and dipping sauce is fantastic). and I ordered a second beer. The drink showed up after awhile and I ordered a steak and loaded baked potato, my wife ordered a surf and turf and after 30-40 min our salads arrived ( best green olive dressing I have ever had) also the word that our appitizer order was lost and would be removed from our bill I also ordered another beer. Shortly after we finished the salads and after I had resorted to drinking water the food arrived. My beer shortly arrived and the steak looked delicious and I immediately cut into it-- perfect I had ordered medium rare on the rare side -- it was perfect. and absolutely delish. My wife was making yummy sounds from her side so I attacked the potato -- whoops problem --had not been cooked not even warm , took steak knife to cut into it, found waiter and he agreed to replace it. 20 min later as I was finishing up my potato arrived. Since I had basically finished eating I spread butter ( which melted this time) and wrapped it for box. Wife had not finished and had half glass of wine left so I ordered another beer while she finished. 20 min later the beer arrived with the bill. Wife had finished so I gave card and had a sip -- for first time that evening the waiter was fast , he was back in 4 min . I took second sip--signed bill and left disapointed. Why did I rate average -- this was not what I expected at this resturant-- I expect better the missed food, the unbaked potato and slow beverage sevice are unsat. This was 12/13/12 the resturant was not that crowded and should not have happened. I had planned to take my son and his girlfriend there in early january but I'm reconsidering at this point

• Visited December 2012
Lakeland, Florida
“Love the Fillet and salad”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Love that green olive dressing on the salad, that is what makes it. They make the best fried green tomatos I have ever had and Sirloin.

Visited May 2012
Lakeland, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food Great service, decent prices.”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Had an enjoyable dinner with a friend on her birthday We both enjoy going to their Tuesday night special for dinner.Didn't make it for my free birthday dinner due to illness.

Visited October 2012