“Great Place”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The pizza here is fantastic! One of the best places to get pizza in town. Parking is a little difficult and the building is a little small, but totally worth it!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I've been eating lunch at Palace Pizza in Lakeland for 15 years. A slice or two from their wide variety of pizzas and a drink for lunch is cheap and dependable, although there are other favorites like the meatball sub or, if I'm filling really hungry, an enormous calzone or a slice of stuffed pizza.

However, since I only work in Lakeland but live elsewhere, I had never eaten dinner at Palace until this year. My wife and I ordered a freshly made pizza with our choice of toppings. Wow! It was maybe the best pizza I've ever had. The crust really makes the difference. It's not sweet or off-flavored in any way. Crispy on the edges. Mmmm! The toppings are all obviously top quality. Oh, but you better like garlic (I do), because they lay it on heavy. We took a half pizza home and it was fantastic the next day in the toaster oven.

Another reviewer mentioned that the lunch pizzas which may have been sitting for a little while are not as good as a freshly made pie. That is true. But Palace caters to a workday crowd that comes in wanting different things and needing to eat fast. Waiting for a freshly made pizza is not an option for them. Anyway, I'd take a reheated slice of Palace pizza over a freshly made corporate pizza any day!

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Best pizza in Polk County, and run by true Italians. Try the white garlic pizza with ricotta cheese and chicken/broccoli. Always nice people.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My family loves the chicken wing pizza. I usually get the tomato basil. Absolutely my favorite pizza in Lakeland. They are usually busy at this location, but service is efficient. Really good garlic knots and salads also. I've been been many times and always get great food and service.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stopped in last week during a driving rain storm and I was tight on time. Service was prompt, pizza was very good and the side salad/dressing was outstanding.