“Pleasant place in a nice location.”
Review of Palace Pizza

Palace Pizza
Ranked #4 of 446 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
South Carolina
“Pleasant place in a nice location.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This restaurant has inside and outside seating just off the square in the very pleasant downtown area of Lakeland. Each person we interacted with was especially friendly. You order at the counter and then place a number on your table and the food is delivered with real dinnerware. The plastic is only for take-out. We had spaghetti which was excellent. Price was reasonable.

• Visited March 2013

• Polish first
“decent pizza”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We go to Palce Pizza a couple of times a year. Pizza was good, I asked for it to be done crispy, but it was not. Other than that no complaints.

• Visited February 2013
Brighton, Canada
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Driving south on Hwy 98 we came across the Palace Pizza location at 5235 Hwy 98, and as it turns out were very pleased that we did. Staff were most cordial and attentive. Portions surprisingly generous, but not overly so. As Goldilocks says, just right. Soup and pizza served piping hot. Bread for the table was a type of pizza crust and quite tasty. An extra basket was offered and accepted. Drinks refilled without having to ask. All in all a delightful experience.

• Visited February 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Great Family Owned Pizza Joint”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Owners came from Italy, and you can tell. Good, greasy, quality pizza and Italian fare, found smack in the middle of downtown Lakeland. It's always packed with locals, and the price is right.

Visited January 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Palace Italian Restaurant (South FL Ave Location)”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Food was very good and service was superlative.

We ate here last Sunday (1/20/13) with my daughter and son-in-law after church. The inside is very nice and a little more 'upscale' than what we were expecting for a Pizza restaurant.

I have to say we received the best service I've experience in quite a while. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and attentive and even the other staff members were helpful. They brought out bread (I believe it was their pizza crust) along with warm marinara for dipping and even brought another basket when they noticed the first one was almost empty.

Our drinks were kept filled without having to ask (I very much dislike it when you have to 'hunt down' your waitress to get your drink refilled) and dirty dishes were removed promptly.

Food was very good and service was superlative.

It wasn't all that crowded so I hope they offer the same level of service when the place is full of activity. We found out they only offer the Dinner Menu on Sunday (no lunch prices) so prices were a bit higher for lunch than I expected (figure $16.00 per person). However, that being said, the portions were large and we all took home leftovers. We will defiantly be back (but I may leave the 'kids' home next time LOL), especially if 'dad' has to pay. I told the owner/manager on the way out about my appreciation of the waitress.

I've given an overall review of excellent based on the service we received. It's just unusual to get this good a service any more.

• Visited January 2013