See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Quick trip stay......room quality was good. Requested a room change due to door would not unlock with key initially but got resolve. Once in room, tv remote batteries dead....staff was quick to addrrss/resolve but I wanted a room change anyway....desk clerk seemed a little irritated but granted request immediately.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

I usually roll my eyes at most people’s reviews as I think most are unrealistic in what they expect. This place, it’s all true. For $40 I might recommend not $75. It’s Old, smell of smoke in room was nauseating, doesn’t feel clean, weekly rates usually not a good sign

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Mayur R, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Let me start by saying that I understand that hurricane Irma devastated the people in that area. I made my reservation 5 weeks in advance of my arrival on Sept. 15. I drove 22 hours to get to Lakeland when I unpacked my vehicle and got inside I was told that due to power outages my reservation had been lost and all of the rooms were full. Here's my issue with that... we live in a world where we can retrieve lost text messages so don't tell me you couldn't find or lost reservations ESPECIALLY when mine was booked through priceline and I know they have a full record of all of the reservations. I was disgusted, had I not had family in the area I probably would have lost my religion in there. There was another group of people coming in behind us and we warned them of what was to come. There were no other vacancies in the area, so we had to wake up our family at 1am. Had I been contacted and asked to forfeit my reservation so that needy families could have a place to stay, I would have agreed in a heartbeat, but receive no communication and for the clerk to play so coy about the reservations being lost. Get real! Meanwhile from what I did see the Lobby was clean but there is a bar attached the cops were arresting people when we arrived... Needless to say I won't do business here in the future. If the rates are cheap, there's a reason why.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family