“Visit to Lakeland” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Palm Coast, Florida, Usa
“Visit to Lakeland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The receptionist was obviously in a bad mood. She was abrupt and was throwing things around. Room had a stale odor. Smallest bathroom I've been in outside of the UK.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Micheline939, General Manager at Howard Johnson Lakeland, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and letting us know about your stay. I will be sure to speak to the person on duty that night as this is not the way we do business.

I will look to see what room you were in so we can address the stale smell. I hope that everything else was good for you and that you will give us another chance to serve you and your family.

Have a wonderful Holiday

Micheline Lobdell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

i booked this room for our daughters cheer competition and wanted to extend the weekend for a family fun weekend. We arrived at 530pm when check in was posted for 4pm. i waited in line for 2 hours before i reached the front of the line with about 10 people in front of me. As i waited in line people complained about the wait as well as they were given rooms with someone already in the room. I heard that 4 times, so by the time i got to the front i wanted to cancel my reservation but the manager told me for waiting so patiently and i had expressed my concern about the overbooking and not feeling safe, she would give free room. I waited an additional hour and half because she said she would personally go check the room. When she was searching for a room in the computer she stated she had worked 48hours straight and as she looked into the computer she was falling asleep. then when she returned i said did you find a room she didnt even no who i was. i asked to cancel and went across the street to ramada by this time it was 830 and had to put the kids to bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Micheline939, General Manager at Howard Johnson Lakeland, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
I am very sorry that you had a bad stay. As I explained to you during our phone conversation we are really working hard to fix all of our challenges. Thank you for reaching out and lteeing us know of the problems that you had.

Micheline Lobdell

Travelers are raving about these Lakeland hotels

New Port Richey, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Had to travel to Lakeland for a cheer competition. Unfortunately, Hotels.com double booked the hotel and there were not enough rooms for all the teams at first. The staff was very dedicated to the customers and did their best to accommodate everyone. If I have to come back again, I would stay here. The room was clean, shower was hot and breakfast convenient.

Room Tip: There were not plugs for electronics as convenient as I would like (like next to bed for a phone for...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Howard Johnson Lakeland, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Courtney,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback. We are very sorry for the all the confusing with the double booking. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We hope you and your family enjoyed your stay in the area. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Howard Johnson Lakeland
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Majority of staff looks like they're on drugs, teeth rotten and real jittery. Mold and mildew in my room. Ceiling falling and leaking in the lobby. Someone walked up to me trying to sell me some drugs, just pitiful. Never had clean linens during my stay. Had a non smoking room and room smelled just like smoke. Will not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
Micheline939, General Manager at Howard Johnson Lakeland, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to right a review of the Howard Johnson. We are under new management now and have been able to rid the hotel of the kind of people that you referred to. We are now in the process of getting a new roof over the lobby, which is not attached to any guest rooms. Many positive changes have occurred over the last month.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again and experiencing the changes.

Gainesville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had a great experience with the staff but the room wasnt clean. I awoke in the middle of the night with ants on me and that happened both days.., ants everywhere and the room looked like nobody vacuumed in weeks. Dusty furniture with trash hidden under. The wifi was also terrible i couldn't connect to it either day

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Howard Johnson. I do apologize for the room not being clean and the ants. We have addressed both issues. We are under new management and have great strides to bring this hotel back to where it needs to be.