“Solid sushi, good value, reliable place for business as well.”

Gosh! Asian Bistro & Sushi
Ranked #80 of 446 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Lakeland, Florida
“Solid sushi, good value, reliable place for business as well.”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

My wife and I eat here at least once a month, and have been for several years. In all of the times we come here I don't think I've ever left feeling disappointed. We have been to sushi places that may be a little more upscale that might have just a tad fresher sushi and a little better atmosphere, but in Lakeland this is the best.

Lakeland, Florida
“Oh my Gosh!- I love this place.”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

If you're tired of the too heavy takeout that leaves you feeling sick and hungry (and have a few extra buck) try Gosh! The food is always delicately flavored and absolutely delicious. Try the beef Bun bowl , you can't go wrong with it.The sushi is fresh and ready in a timely manner. Keep in mind this place is a little pricey but I have never left feeling hungry and the atmosphere is nice. There are two Gosh! locations in Lakeland; downtown and the Lake Miriam Plaza. I would recommend only going to the Lake Miriam location. Although the food is excellent both places I have gotten poor service repeatedly at the downtown location.

Lakeland, FL
“Best sushi in town”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Gosh! is the best sushi restaurant in Lakeland, hands down. The only big complaint I have with this restaurant is that it is literally freezing all the time - so just bring a sweater!

I like the caterpillar roll and my husband likes the one that has seafood dynamite on it (not sure of the name).

Lakeland, Florida
“Excellent place to eat. Great sushi!”
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Excellent place to eat. Great sushi!

Lakeland, Florida
“Best Sushi I've ever eaten!”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Since Gosh is located in a small city, I didn't expect much when we first moved to the area. Boy was I wrong! Every piece or roll is made to order (you can choose to sit at the sushi bar or sit at tables but you are able to see the sushi chefs whereever you are seated), and tastes fantastic! My favorite roll is the Volcano roll, but I'm also fond of the Fruit Roll Up (no longer on the menu but they've made it for me anyway), the Spicy Tuna Roll, and the Caterpillar Roll. The portions are just right for the price which runs between $8 and $14 per roll. Smaller servings, such as 2 or 3 pieces, runs about $4-6. The service has always been great too. If you don't like sushi, they have other japenese fare (i.e., noodle dishes and stir-fry), but I haven't tried those. I have had their house salad as an appetizer which is pretty basic: lettuce with ginger dressing and carrot strips. But it's still good nonetheless. I've also had their summer rolls which are quite good.
Even though this location is small, it's got a nice, mellow, relaxing atmosphere, even when they are packed on the weekend nights. It's definitely worth stopping in if you are in the area!

1 Thank jat1977