“Sushi the best in town.”

Gosh! Asian Bistro & Sushi
Ranked #90 of 450 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
“Sushi the best in town.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We have gone several times and it is a great place. I even have the hubby hooked when he would never eat at sushi before. The kids enjoy it too. The service is always great and food even better.

Visited June 2013

Lakeland, Florida
“Gosh was my first”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Gosh was my fist Sushi experience. Since their last move I visited 2 more times but just not the same. I like Sumo much better than Gosh now.

Lakeland, Florida
“Good food.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I like, it, but I have had better. It is kind of cool looking in there. Lots to pick from. You should check it out.

Visited September 2012
Apopka, FL
“Nice Ribs”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Staff young but very friendly. Restaurant was very busy. Ordered the ribs. Very tasty.

Visited May 2012
Walt Disney World, Florida
“NEVER AGAIN - A Waste of Money & Time!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My sons and I wanted sushi for lunch last Sunday. After reading the reviews here, I decided on this restaurant.

The restaurant is located in a strip mall next to Publix. Upon entering, we were immediately greeted and seated. Only 2 guest and my family were present during our stay. The decor isn't what I would have expected as it does have a diner feel to it as one reviewer stated. The place is very small, dark, and extremely cold. The restaurant was staffed with college kids (from what I viewed), including the Sushi chefs.

We waited for about 15 - 20 minutes before the waitress come to ask if we wanted drinks. By that time we were ready to order completely. We ordered the miso soup, noodles with vegetables, noodles with chicken, Godzilla roll, crispy & crunchy roll, and Korean BBQ ribs. Honestly, I should have left after I received the miso soup. The soup was completely inedible with one small cube of tofu in it. The soup tasted like a full cup of warm salt water. OMG! it was horrible...imagine just opening your mouth and pouring a cup of salt in it. YES! that horrible and everyone at the table found it inedible too. Advised the waitress of this and she removed the soup. Next she returns with the house salad. I didn't ever think anyone could mess up a salad, but this was absolutely the worst salad I ever ate. I have no idea what type of lettuce was used, but it was very bitter and felt gritty as if it wasn't cleaned. Well, didn't eat that. So, I went on to the noodles, which did look pretty but were horrible, bland, and confusing. I think they were suppose to be an egg noodle, but I believe it was angel hair pasta that wasn't al-dente, just crunchy. Adding soy sauce made the noodles somewhat palatable. The crispy & crunchy roll was ok. The Godzilla roll (and the lemonades) was the best out of everything we had. Although good it was mediocre at it's best. My son ordered the Korean BBQ ribs and having them in the past in our travels he was rather excited to see them on the menu. He said his ribs were okay, but he could have done without them.

Well, within an hour of leaving this restaurant, I began to feel nauseous. By the time I arrived home, I had vomited twice. My entire night was spent rotating between sitting on the toilet to having my head stuck in the toilet. I've been eating sushi since my teenage years in every part of the world and never had this type of reaction.

Compare this restaurant to the likes of a Yo! Sushi or the sushi made fresh daily at selected Publix stores; and the Yo! Sushi & Publix are five star cuisine. So, if you really need sushi in Lakeland, I suggest Publix in the same strip mall. It's much cheaper, fresher, better service, and never had me ill.

I gave this restaurant 1 star because of our waitress and because zero stars aren't available. She did provide good service, was attentive, but not intrusive, dealt very well my children. She knew the food was poor an apologized. This was my first & last time visiting this restaurant and would never recommend to a soul.

• Visited April 2012